PO: Taylor Swift - The Tortured Poets Department

50 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I think my Target edition shipped. I’m ok with that one. 

I canceled my black dog, too. Fact is that we don't even know WTF this will be. If it's like Lana's  poetry record, I don't need a copy of that shit on vinyl. Like you said before, this nonsense is souring me about buying her records. My wife doesn't like her, so I might as well just stream it at this point. Still not into Midnights.

4 hours ago, jhulud said:

I never even saw that signed copies were available. Damnit. 

I missed out on the first drop. I would just randomly refresh whenever I remembered. I got lucky and refreshed two times in a row. The second time it was magically available. I came here and posted right after I checked out. Sorry you didn't get one. Maybe she will do the other variants. I'd rather have a Black Dog signed.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jhulud said:

On initial listen...I'm feeling conflicted. There are a few moments & parts of songs where I was excited...but overall, as a total sum of its parts, the album feels middle of the road and more of the same. 

Nothing groundbreaking that would make me feel...

Blown Away Nbc GIF by The Voice

I only heard the few tracks my daughter insisted on me playing for her while I was getting her out of bed this morning, but I’m most fascinated by the other musical artists she references by name in the songs and whether it results in increased interest in those artists because so far I clocked The Starting Line (in “The Black Dog”) and Patti Smith (in “The Tortured Poets Dept.”). 

Edit - Forgot I heard Charlie Puth and I think The Blue Nile too. 

Edited by dawhizz