NHL Discussion

Most of the more POPULAR players are there, true. And many of them are Popular simply because they are in the East. I think the argument that the West coast games are on much later on the east and most of Hockey is played in the East therefore it is more popular. No one over there is going to stay up till 10:30 PM to watch the start of a Kings game. Doesn't matter if Kopitar has a hat trick and highlight reel goals or Quick single handedly steals the Stanley Cup for the Kings, its simply too late for the East Coast to care. Doesn't make the players over there better, just that they get more time to shine. The west gets East Coast hockey at 4 PM, so we can experience both. You only get East.

And the West is more competitive IMO. The pacific division in general is usually decided by a point. 

Are you joking? So many people here stay up to watch the Kings, Sharks, Ducks, Hawks, or Wings. Especially once their team is eliminated from the playoffs. And why are these players so popular in the East? Crosby was billed as the greatest player before he even got drafted. Stamkos, Crosby, Ovi, Nash, Tavares, Kovalchuk, all #1 picks. They were getting more attention before they even got drafted. DIdnt matter if they were in the East or not. A player isnt made a superstar just because hes in the east and theres bias. Its because of how he plays. 

Are you joking? So many people here stay up to watch the Kings, Sharks, Ducks, Hawks, or Wings. Especially once their team is eliminated from the playoffs. And why are these players so popular in the East? Crosby was billed as the greatest player before he even got drafted. Stamkos, Crosby, Ovi, Nash, Tavares, Kovalchuk, all #1 picks. They were getting more attention before they even got drafted. DIdnt matter if they were in the East or not. A player isnt made a superstar just because hes in the east and theres bias. Its because of how he plays. 

As a Wings fan I am more than thrilled that they are being moved to the East so I don't have to stay up and watch those late West coast games regularily.  I'm also thrilled that they'll have a cake walk into the playoffs every year because it is fact that the East is weaker than the West.

As a Wings fan I am more than thrilled that they are being moved to the East so I don't have to stay up and watch those late West coast games regularily.  I'm also thrilled that they'll have a cake walk into the playoffs every year because it is fact that the East is weaker than the West.

Yeah dude, the wings and their shit D moving into East is going to be a great thing.....

Say whatever you'd like, man. It was just your sense of entitlement that made me laugh.

how does that relate to a sense of entitlement?  whatsoever...

wrong word maybe?

i really wasn't attempting to act like im better, or more "entitled" to speak about hockey.  it's just kind of like when i listen to canadian sports anchors cover the NFL.  it's just not the same.  and yes, i realize there are no canadian nfl teams, yet plenty of american nhl teams.

how does that relate to a sense of entitlement?  whatsoever...

wrong word maybe?

i really wasn't attempting to act like im better, or more "entitled" to speak about hockey.  it's just kind of like when i listen to canadian sports anchors cover the NFL.  it's just not the same.  and yes, i realize there are no canadian nfl teams, yet plenty of american nhl teams.

Nope, that's what I meant. Seemed like you said it like you thought you had more of a right to talk about hockey as a Canadian than any American did.

Wasn't really trying to make a fuss about it. I just found it worth a giggle. I can understand your comparison though.