NHL Discussion

I mean I didnt see it yet, but Brown kneeing someone doesnt surprise me

it was a pretty bullshit call, don't know why you arnt surprised, he's a pretty clean player.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/did-dustin-brown-deserve-ejection-kneeing-injuring-tomas-060001879--nhl.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory

I even thought his suspension for the pominville hit was lame. He went to give him a cold shoulder and Jason came in low and took a shoulder to the head. I'm getting kind of sick at the "reputation" calls going against him as well.

im not sure if anyone has followed any of the Pengiuns defensive prospects, but currently Orpik, Martin, Scuderi and Letang are all out hurt.  the D parings consist of Niskanen (who has been killer, came from the Goligoski steal with Neal), Robert Bortuzzo (3rd rd 2007, 24 years old), Phillip Samuelsson (2nd rd 2009, 22 years old), Simon Despres (1st rd 2009, 22 years old), Brian Doumilin (2nd rd 2009, 22 years old from Staal trade), Olli Maatta (1st rd 2012, 19 years old).  when people start getting healthy I have no idea what the Pens are going to do, these young kids have been unreal, especially Maatta

im not sure if anyone has followed any of the Pengiuns defensive prospects, but currently Orpik, Martin, Scuderi and Letang are all out hurt.  the D parings consist of Niskanen (who has been killer, came from the Goligoski steal with Neal), Robert Bortuzzo (3rd rd 2007, 24 years old), Phillip Samuelsson (2nd rd 2009, 22 years old), Simon Despres (1st rd 2009, 22 years old), Brian Doumilin (2nd rd 2009, 22 years old from Staal trade), Olli Maatta (1st rd 2012, 19 years old).  when people start getting healthy I have no idea what the Pens are going to do, these young kids have been unreal, especially Maatta

I'd imagine they'll cycle them through like the Bruins are doing with some of their young D talent. After, what, 10 games or something don't they have to hit waivers before they can be sent back down?

I'd imagine they'll cycle them through like the Bruins are doing with some of their young D talent. After, what, 10 games or something don't they have to hit waivers before they can be sent back down?

yeah, so I think we'll see Domoulin/Samuelsson/Despres all get sent down here in the next week ort so.  Maatta is here to stay from what I understand

Gosh that goal is sick I could watch that gif all day haha

Pretty cool that Jagr threw this down

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/20/jaromir-jagr-cant-help-but-rave-about-stars-rookie-nichushkin/

Nichushkin was who I was praying Detroit was going to get at that 18th spot. I was really hoping that the KHL talks would spook many teams into maybe not taking him and Detroit could grab him but he's incredible. If more scouts had got to see him play I would imagine he would have been in top 3 talks at this years draft. Dallas really scored with this kid. 

Same time, Mantha is hot fire right now in the Quebec Hockey League (he has 73 points in 32 games currently) and I have no doubts Detroit will turn him into a super star. 

Saw a dude last night in thick rimmed glasses and a mighty ducks purple jersey. No one on the back. Asked him his favorite player, didnt have one. Fucking hipsters man. 

He was "too cool" for a favorite player! Favorite players are for the less indie.

Thats not nearly as bad as the Ducks instagram which showed their "fans" representing, and they were both wearing fake jerseys. Obviously fake jerseys. 

He was "too cool" for a favorite player! Favorite players are for the less indie.

Thats not nearly as bad as the Ducks instagram which showed their "fans" representing, and they were both wearing fake jerseys. Obviously fake jerseys. 

how fake we talking? some fans dont have enough money to spend on a real one man!

how fake we talking? some fans dont have enough money to spend on a real one man!

Oh I'm not against the fake jersey idea, but the Ducks fakes are horrific. Instead of piping, its striping. Orange is more of a light tangerine, and the gold isn't metallic. Cut is completely different and the collar sticks up about 2 inches. 

He had third row to the glass seats, so I don't buy the "I can't afford a real jersey" line. I own a couple of fake jerseys, but when its a team I care about (enough to get 3rd row seats), I get the real thing.