NHL Discussion

I'm pumped for an LA vs NY series! I can't think of a better Final (other than the Bruins being in still) from this years playoff teams. 

Ian and Matt, try to keep it civil. 

Dont gotta worry about me, I know whats its like to go through a Final and win a cup (as a fan).

Cool as a cucumber baby :)

Theres no denying that Hank has been better than Quick this post season, however, I do think Quick has also been really good at the same time when his team needed him.

A fair amount of goals against him can be attributed to insanely sloppy team d in front of him and playing 3 of the best offensive teams in the league. I think hes gonna lock it down in the final cause, no offense Matt, i don't think the Rangers offense is anywhere close to the same level as the Hawks, Ducks or Sharks.

The Kings are the better team, no question.  If both teams played this series with an extra couple of weeks off, Kings would win hands down.  I feel like the 3 seven game series could have a big effect though.

Oddly, i think jumping into this series as soon as possible is better than for the Kings than a lay off would be. Its not like last season where the Kings had to go through wars with both the Sharks and Blues and just being too beat up to keep up with the Hawks. Even though they've gone the distance all 3 series they are pretty healthy and don't seem worn out at all.

Plus it will be interesting to see if Regehr is ready to go, im not sure who they would sit. I think they sit Greene (even though hes been better the last couple games) and move Mitchell with Martinez cause Mitchell and Voynov were absolutely terrible together in this series. Or maybe they rotate him and Mitchell out of the line up or just go w/ 7D and sit Clifford.

Theres no denying that Hank has been better than Quick this post season, however, I do think Quick has also been really good at the same time when his team needed him.

A fair amount of goals against him can be attributed to insanely sloppy team d in front of him and playing 3 of the best offensive teams in the league. I think hes gonna lock it down in the final cause, no offense Matt, i don't think the Rangers offense is anywhere close to the same level as the Hawks, Ducks or Sharks.

Sorry Matt, but I have to agree. If Doughty and the top D pair can shut down St. Louis and company, its game over. And as Ian pointed out in the post above, while this post season may have been more difficult (patting myself on the back but probably wrong) than previous years, it has been a lot less physical. 

Unfortunately, it appears the Kings fans will have yet another thing to hang over the Ducks. Oh well... we had the benefit for 5 years.

Sorry Matt, but I have to agree. If Doughty and the top D pair can shut down St. Louis and company, its game over. And as Ian pointed out in the post above, while this post season may have been more difficult (patting myself on the back but probably wrong) than previous years, it has been a lot less physical. 

Unfortunately, it appears the Kings fans will have yet another thing to hang over the Ducks. Oh well... we had the benefit for 5 years.

If it makes you feel better, I like you :)

Whats funny is my beer league team is half Ducks fans (2 actually work for the Ducks) and we had a game last night the same time as the game last night and i played in it, but we had the radio going on the bench. They were busting my balls pretty hard.

If it makes you feel better, I like you :)

Whats funny is my beer league team is half Ducks fans (2 actually work for the Ducks) and we had a game last night the same time as the game last night and i played in it, but we had the radio going on the bench. They were busting my balls pretty hard.

haha slightly better! My team is the same. We have 1 Avs fan and other than that its like 1 more Kings fan than Ducks fans. Luckily enough for us that series wasn't a total blowout. I'm all about Kings fans so long as they have been there and/or aren't complete shit heads... that goes for every team though. 

Best of luck again, but don't be offended that I'm not rooting for you to win! ;)

So I haven't been watching hockey as much since the last lockout. Since when did Mike Richards become the highest paid 4th liner and forget how to skate? Seems like the majority of his role now is to be a second center on the ice for important faceoffs.

Yeah, as a Kings fan, its hard to explain. It seemed to have started last season when he just dicked around during the lockout and didn't stay in game shape or close to it.

He's still playing well defensively but his numbers arnt there and hes been pretty bad in the ozone. The general feeling is he will be traded or the Kings will use the amnesty buyout on him this off season. With Linden Vey ready to make the jump as 4th line center its tough to see where Richards fits in anymore, especially if the Kings resign Gaborik (done deal) and they keep Carter as 2nd line center w/ the kids.

haha slightly better! My team is the same. We have 1 Avs fan and other than that its like 1 more Kings fan than Ducks fans. Luckily enough for us that series wasn't a total blowout. I'm all about Kings fans so long as they have been there and/or aren't complete shit heads... that goes for every team though. 

Best of luck again, but don't be offended that I'm not rooting for you to win! ;)

I wouldn't expect you to. Whats funny is we always complain about other teams fan bases, especially being in such close proximity to each other, but the reality is every team has a large amount of dumb ass fans. I love the guys on my team, and you're pretty cool, but in general i can't stand the majority of Ducks fans. At the same time i hate a majority of Kings fans as well.