What video games have you been playing?

So... the free Scholar of the First Sin update is out for Dark Souls II.

Do I...

A. Play Dark Souls on a new roll

B. Play Dark Souls NG+ on my last character

C. Pick up Dark Souls II again with a new roll and see the cool patch stuff

D. Not play Dark Souls or DS II and instead wait for BLOODBOORNNEE

E. Definitely don't play DS II because we all know I'm going to buy it for PS4 in April anyway.

A  +  E

Fair enough! Plus I just read the free update that came out today just includes a new NPC and one or two other things like lroe changes on some items. But the enemy remix/behavior differences etc. are not included and aren't coming til april.

So, not worth a new playtrhough in DS2. Time to boot up the 360 for a old fashion Dark Souls playthrough though.

Got me thinking that cross-plat/cross-gen online would be awesome if it were possible.

No worries.  You'd probably get frustrated with carrying me.  I'm good at DkS2 but DkS1 this is my first character and the world is so much more obtuse that I'm still wrapping my head around some things.

Mostly in DkS1 I am intrigued by the NPC interactions/sidequests.  And the inter-relation of some the various covenants. Trying not to lock myself out of anything cool, but requires either lots of reading up online, or multiple playthroughs to figure out yourself, and I'm no DkS1 vet.

I used to be averse to killing NPCs but I had a friend guiding me through the first half who loves killing NPCs so I killed the one fire keeper in Anor Londo and also the merchant who carries the Uchigatana.  Also trying to finish the game with Solaire alive.  Joined Chaos cov and entered through the back first, so I think I've got that covered, but not 100% sure.

I took a break from the game and now the various routes are kinda hazy and I'm not sure which follow next but I think I'm going to do that library area.

My char is pretty dope tho, so I wouldn't need to much 'carrying'  I'm level 88 but I have the +5 ascended pyro glove, actually I have 2 ahhaha, so I toss mad fireballs and it pretty much melts most enemies.

Daw :\

Oh yeah, rooks... you have the DLC yeah?  I got stuck at Manus and the dragon boss after that seems super hard too. I watched a friend fight him and just remember thinking: "I'm going to need someone good to help me get past that." Finished all the bosses b4 that tho and the ones that reappear in the cleared boss rooms too.

Oh yeah, rooks... you have the DLC yeah? I got stuck at Manus and the dragon boss after that seems super hard too. I watched a friend fight him and just remember thinking: "I'm going to need someone good to help me get past that." Finished all the bosses b4 that tho and the ones that reappear in the cleared boss rooms too.

Oh yeah best dlc ever.

Kalameet (the dragon you are talking about) ain't shit the same as the other dragons. Talk to the blind giant and he will wound the dragon with an arrow so so you can fight on the ground.

Manus can be annoying. You can totally cheese him by shooting through the darkness without entering his boss fight, but that's dumb.

Much more fun to run in with some slick rolls and summon Sif when you get Manus around half so the doggy can pull some aggro for you ;)

Oh yeah best dlc ever.

Kalameet (the dragon you are talking about) ain't shit the same as the other dragons. Talk to the blind giant and he will wound the dragon with an arrow so so you can fight on the ground.

Manus can be annoying. You can totally cheese him by shooting through the darkness without entering his boss fight, but that's dumb.

Much more fun to run in with some slick rolls and summon Sif when you get Manus around half so the doggy can pull some aggro for you ;)

Awesome thanks for the tips!

Yeah I refuse to cheese.  I'll take your advice and try to summon Sif midway instead of at the beginning.  I think mostly I was having trouble finding his summon sign and while focused on trying to find Sif I'd get smashed.

I'll probably level up a bit through the main game before going back and attempting him again.

I started playing prototype 1. I realized very quickly for a sandbox style game im just not interested in any of the side stuff (time trials, find this random guy and kill him) so i am just burning through story missions. Finished 25% of them in like 90 minutes. Going to blow stuff up then move on to a new game.