What video games have you been playing?

Overall, I'm pretty sure I enjoy it. It's a different enough experience to be not just your typical hack and slash, kill mobs of zombies game, mostly because you simply can't do that. By no means does Dying Light tread any new ground in video games (especially of the post-apocalyptic variety), but in the recent trend of zombie games being a hack and slash or run and hide, this one finds balance in the two styles.

My other complaint is the shitty script. At this point, I'm used to zombie games with awful scripts. If you've played Resident Evil in the passed few years, you'll notice Crane is voiced by the same guy that voices Chris Redfield. Resident Evil games have cringeworthy moments, but part of me thinks that it's part of the whole "Resident Evil experience" at this point. Dying Light wants to take itself more seriously, but falls short due to cringeworthy lines almost every time someone says a single word. I can't say any of these complaints take away from the gameplay or my enjoyment. It is a pretty fun game.

I read some reviews and a few said that the beginning is "punishingly difficult," and it is quite difficult so far. Reviews also praise the fluidity of the parkour mechanics, so perhaps I am missing something there.

Overall, I'm pretty sure I enjoy it. It's a different enough experience to be not just your typical hack and slash, kill mobs of zombies game, mostly because you simply can't do that. By no means does Dying Light tread any new ground in video games (especially of the post-apocalyptic variety), but in the recent trend of zombie games being a hack and slash or run and hide, this one finds balance in the two styles.

My other complaint is the shitty script. At this point, I'm used to zombie games with awful scripts. If you've played Resident Evil in the passed few years, you'll notice Crane is voiced by the same guy that voices Chris Redfield. Resident Evil games have cringeworthy moments, but part of me thinks that it's part of the whole "Resident Evil experience" at this point. Dying Light wants to take itself more seriously, but falls short due to cringeworthy lines almost every time someone says a single word. I can't say any of these complaints take away from the gameplay or my enjoyment. It is a pretty fun game.

I read some reviews and a few said that the beginning is "punishingly difficult," and it is quite difficult so far. Reviews also praise the fluidity of the parkour mechanics, so perhaps I am missing something there.

Agreed on the shitty script part. I'm not far into the story, but I've logged quite a few hours just running around getting my skills up and whatnot. I've noticed all the missions (so far) are basically laid out the same way. Someone needs something outside of the tower and Crane swoops in and says, "I'll do it." Kind of corny, but the overall gameplay makes up for it.

The beginning of this game has been really tough for me. I'm not sure if I have been missing something super obvious, but the game takes some time to get used to. That's part of what makes this game fun I think. After playing a game like Shadow of Mordor, which is all hack and slash, it's humbling to kind of suck at a game yet still have fun with it.

^ I'm having difficulties with it as well. Random shit just happens and kills me. Failing to evade explosive hazards has been my number one cause of death so far. I don't feel like I'm missing anything. I think it's part of getting used to the game.

Even though the script blows, they do a reasonably good job developing all the factions involved in this town.

Does anyone here somewhat regularly use a PS Vita for remote play? If it's worth it, I'd like to snag one to use when my wife and I are sitting around watching TV I don't care about, or maybe on really slow days at work.

I tried it for Destiny and didn't like it much. Mostly just due to it being hard to control. However, I did see a method for making it so you can still use your DS4 for the controller which could be cool. I was just testing it to see if I would be able to handle using it while I'm on the road for work, which I decided the answer was probably not.

I tried it for Destiny and didn't like it much. Mostly just due to it being hard to control. However, I did see a method for making it so you can still use your DS4 for the controller which could be cool. I was just testing it to see if I would be able to handle using it while I'm on the road for work, which I decided the answer was probably not.

Ah, bummer. Yeah, if I could use the DS4 it might be worth it. My internet connection at work is garbage, too, so probably wouldn't be a wise purchase.

Hrm...

Ultimate solution:

Buy one preowned from gamestop. Try it out. If you like it and want a new one instead then go return it within a week and get a new one. If you don't like it then go return it within a week.

Double check on that return policy first. That's how we handled used hardware during my years there, but it's been a few years now.

Ultimate solution:

Buy one preowned from gamestop. Try it out. If you like it and want a new one instead then go return it within a week and get a new one. If you don't like it then go return it within a week.

Double check on that return policy first. That's how we handled used hardware during my years there, but it's been a few years now.

Good call, didn't know you could do that! I'll look into it. Thanks, Dan!

Playing Majora's Mask on 3DS. When it's good it's very good and when it's not it can be frustrating. I can only imagine that without the tweaks they made for this remake that playing the N64 version without a guide would've been infuriating.

Ocarina of Time was the same way on N64. I remember being stuck for days at certain parts where all I had to do was something simple but way out of the box.

Got MH4U last night and I'm REALLY enjoying it so far... even though I tried MH3G and hated it.

Anybody else pick it up? I don't think I'm even close toready for Online play yet, but just curious if anyone else is trying it out :)

I want to but I'm gonna wait til I grab a new 3dsxl. Would have one already but fuckin Zelda had to be sold out.

I want to but I'm gonna wait til I grab a new 3dsxl. Would have one already but fuckin Zelda had to be sold out.

Oh nice :) Yeah, as you can imagine it's a filler until Bloodborne. Would be cool if we both had it!

The n3ds is definitely a huge difference for MH4U. Loading times and better 3d aside, the little nub for camera angle is indispensable. It didn't really matter to me in Majora, but in MH4U I use it 100% of the time.