What video games have you been playing?

So after beating it, I actually think Too Human isn't that bad. The first few hours were no good at all, but once you start leveling up your guy it gets okay. I had no idea (nor did I care) what was going on in the story because I was playing with the sound off, but the actual fighting is sort of fun.

I definitely wouldn't recommend it for full price, but if you can get it for 15 or 20 bucks, I'd suggest it. It's very short and it's built for multiple playthroughs.

My cousin spent the weekend at the house while they were preparing to move and we started talking about old video games we used to have tournaments with. During the discussion , NBA Hangtime was brought up and from there, I wasted my entire Sunday playing as the 1996 Chicago Bulls...good times.

My friend's old roommate said Too Human was one of the worst games he'd played. Though he had all 1000 achievement points for it, so I'm not sure how much he really could've hated it.

That's the thing about it. It -IS- kind of bad, but not the "I can't even play this it's so bad" kind of bad. More like, "Wow, this could have been so much better" kind of bad.

Like I said, I have literally no idea what happened in the story, nor what the sound effects are even like because I didn't have the sound at all, but it kept me entertained enough to play it for the 10.5 hours it took me to beat. I usually really like loot gathering games, so I think that might be why I didn't hate it.

So I have been playing WET the last few days, and I love it. It feels a little incomplete sometimes, but it's so easy to look past because the game just oozes atmosphere. I really like Rubi as a hero, and Eliza Dushku's voice performance is one of the best I've ever heard in a video game.

I waited so long to buy it because they kept selling at a relatively high price until recently - I was able to get it on sale for $20 - and I think that hurt them a little bit. If they had dropped the price earlier, they would probably have moved a lot more copies and there would be a chance of a sequel. I would love to play a WET 2 if they were able to tighten everything up a little bit.

Guest eriathomas

I have not been playing anything lately, since I still have no TV and during the summer I never have motivation to game. I am thinking about picking up a fifa game, just not sure which one. I heard the never ones you can only control a few people on the field, not everyone like the old ones, so I may pick up like 07 or something.

Death Smiles is coming out at the end of the month, so I may have to pick it up. I love me some bullet hell games.

I finally got my hands on a PS3 (the new slim model too!) and picked up God of War III and Battlefield Bad Company 2. I already prefer it to my Xbox and really appreciate the free online haha. I might get God of War Collection and Killzone 2 next (provided people still play online). GoW3 is the first of the series I've played and I love it so far.

Guest eriathomas

I started playing Silent Hill: Homecoming again. I had stopped because I messed up, and have no ammo or health before a boss fight and didn't want to start over. Somehow I was able to beat the boss last night and press on a bit further. So far I'm digging it, but I wish the save points were not like an hour apart.

I started playing Silent Hill: Homecoming again. I had stopped because I messed up, and have no ammo or health before a boss fight and didn't want to start over. Somehow I was able to beat the boss last night and press on a bit further. So far I'm digging it, but I wish the save points were not like an hour apart.

I thought I would like that game so much more than I actually did. I played about 3 hours and then never went back to it. I will probably get back to it eventually but it won't be for a while.

I wish I had a Wii because I would love to try Silent Hill Shattered Memories seems like it's way more of what I want out of a Silent Hill game than Homecoming is.

Guest eriathomas

I thought I would like that game so much more than I actually did. I played about 3 hours and then never went back to it. I will probably get back to it eventually but it won't be for a while.

I wish I had a Wii because I would love to try Silent Hill Shattered Memories seems like it's way more of what I want out of a Silent Hill game than Homecoming is.

That is about how far I made it, I was somewhere in the Hotel. The damn Nurses always fuck me up, but I finally got the timing down to take them out with the pipe. I still can't beat the smog creatures without a gun. Those always fuck me up if I try.

I've been meaning to pick up Shattered Memories for the PS2, but I always forget to look for it when I'm out looking for cheap games.

It's really REALLY good. Takes place immediately after MGS3. Really deep and engrossing. Lots to do. Controls work well. Pretty amazing for a little PSP game.

Definitely gonna check this out. You play as Naked Snake if I remember correctly right?

Yeah. It's basically the story of how he becomes the "Big Boss" That Solid Snake goes after in the first two Metal Gear games. I don't want to ruin anything for you, but if you played MGS3, you need to play this.

I caved and bought Peggle for the Xbox 360, as it is one of the Deals of the Week. Gonna replay through it all on there now. I've now paid for Peggle on 3 different platforms (4 counting Peggle Nights on the Mac).

Battlefield 1943 is another Deal of the Week this week for the Xbox 360, which is probably my favorite arcade game on the Xbox 360. Lots of fun.

Edited for a typo.

Some crazy Xbox Live Arcade deals coming starting next week.

This weeks Xbox LIVE Deal of the week is 5 different deals with savings of up to 50% off on previous Summer of Arcade titles. You must be an Xbox LIVE Gold member to access this special DOTW pricing which will start Monday, June 14, 2010.

Normal Price | DOTW Price | Savings

Shadow Complex - 1200 | 560 | 47%

Trials HD - 1200 | 560 | 47%

Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 1200 | 560 | 47%

TMNT Turtles in Time HD - 800 | 400 | 50%

Splosion Man - 800 | 400 | 50%

Also:

You told us how much you loved our Inventory Blowout sale when we ran it in April, so we’re bringing it back to celebrate E3. You’ll find big discounts on top Arcade titles….don’t miss this one-week sale! June 16 – 22.

These prices will be available for All Xbox LIVE members starting Monday, June 14th

Normal Price Blow out Price Savings

A Kingdom for Keflings 800 400 50%

Alien Hominid HD 800 400 50%

Banjo Tooie 1200 800 33%

Bionic Commando Rearmed 800 400 50%

Bomberman LIVE 800 400 50%

Braid 1200 800 33%

Castle Crashers 1200 800 33%

Castlevania Symphony of the Night 800 400 50%

Contra 400 240 40%

Crystal Defenders 800 400 50%

Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 800 400 50%

Magic the Gathering 800 400 50%

N+ 800 400 50%

Panzer General 800 400 50%

Portal 1200 800 33%

TMNT: 1989 Arcade 400 240 40%

Uno Rush 800 400 50%

Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment 1200 800 33%

Zombie Apocalypse 800 400 50%

Shame I already have half of those, hahah.

I'll be buying Banjo Tooie, as I've been too cheap to buy it previously (and I hate spending more than $10 on arcade games).

Zombie Apocalypse is a lot of fun. Played it with my friends for hours on end.

'Splosion Man is also a great game. Multiplayer is a bitch, though. (Exploding off one another seems a bit sporadic)