What video games have you been playing?

The key is to trade it toward something else coming out. I've never lost more than $15-$20 doing it that way.

I want to get in the habit of selling my games once I finish them to finance my next game. Is it better to go through Gamestop or Best Buy versus selling them on Ebay? When I did sell my games in the past, I usually just used Ebay.

I want to get in the habit of selling my games once I finish them to finance my next game. Is it better to go through Gamestop or Best Buy versus selling them on Ebay? When I did sell my games in the past, I usually just used Ebay.

It's probably "better" to use Ebay. But it's so much easier to just use Gamestop. I've paid for my "Pro" membership ten times over this year in the additional sell back $ I get and other discounts/deals.  In the end, I could probably "save" more by selling my games third party and using the cash at Gamestop, but, it's just so much easier to do it in the same store that I'm buying something new at.

And, Ps/Xbox games have AWFUL resale values 9 times out of ten in gamestop. If you buy things for 3ds though, I've found the resale prices to be much more forgiving. Traded in 3 old 3ds games and got $62 a few weeks back. I looked up the value of some xbox games that were around the same age, and selling 3 of them would have netted me $14.

I just put about 10 hours into the rerelease of Sleeping Dogs. I missed this game the first time around so I have a totally fresh experience coming into it. Terrible driving aside I think this game is pretty fantastic! It has a fun mix of that John Woo game Stranglehold and GTA. 

I just put about 10 hours into the rerelease of Sleeping Dogs. I missed this game the first time around so I have a totally fresh experience coming into it. Terrible driving aside I think this game is pretty fantastic! It has a fun mix of that John Woo game Stranglehold and GTA.

I've said it before, but I played the shit out of the original release on the 360. I don't know if I've ever played any game as much. I know I'll get this eventually, I just don't know when. My friend actually offered to possibly throw in $20 if I picked it up this Friday. Him and I took turns playing it together so much, so it'll be just as much for him as it would be for me.

Also, I don't remember the driving being that terrible. Maybe since I played it so much I just got really good at it and don't notice anymore. It's been a while since I've played (and I've played quite a bit of GTA V since then), so it may feel weird getting back into it.

Just finished the main story in Sleeping Dogs and am about to start the first of the two DLC Campaigns. I know i said it earlier but this game truly impressed me, kinda makes me feel like a dummy that i slept on it for so long.

Ok, so after Sleeping Dogs i have 3 other games waiting for me, Alien: Isolation, Borderlands (Pre Sequel) and The Evil Within. Where should i start?

My bad I haven't checked this thread in a bit but a lot of times they give away an extra 30-40% in trade value if you have a Pro membership and trade it toward an upcoming release.

My bad I haven't checked this thread in a bit but a lot of times they give away an extra 30-40% in trade value if you have a Pro membership and trade it toward an upcoming release.

They did away with their many layers of trade in tiers. All base trade values got increased (allegedly at least) and now there are no longer trade specials. Aside from random one off days/weekends, for example a few weeks ago they did an extra 40% for trading towards the new COD but it was only on Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks for the trade in replies. Best Buy has a sale on their Gamers Club Unlocked next week. Essentially, if you buy a $40+ game, you get GCU for $30. Seems like a pretty good deal since you get 20% off new games and an extra 10% towards trade ins for the next two years. I might ditch selling on Ebay and go the Best Buy route.

Thanks for the trade in replies. Best Buy has a sale on their Gamers Club Unlocked next week. Essentially, if you buy a $40+ game, you get GCU for $30. Seems like a pretty good deal since you get 20% off new games and an extra 10% towards trade ins for the next two years. I might ditch selling on Ebay and go the Best Buy route.

Thanks! I've been waiting for a deal on Gamers Club Unlocked. This is great for anyone that buys more than one new game a year, which is almost everyone in this thread. It's also really good for people like me that buy a game, play it, and then trade it in. For example, Forza Horizon 2 is $60, which makes it $48 after GCU. The trade in value is $44 after GCU. It also stacks with other promos, like the $10 reward certificate for preordering a game, so if I were to go this route with future games, I'd come out ahead. 

Do I want Bayonetta!? Demo was fun as hell, but dropping 60 bucks right now is a bit much. Seems like Wii U titles don't really get all that cheaper when they're used. I JUST DON'T KNOW!

Do I want Bayonetta!? Demo was fun as hell, but dropping 60 bucks right now is a bit much. Seems like Wii U titles don't really get all that cheaper when they're used. I JUST DON'T KNOW!

I'd say BUY IT! I can't wait to play the game, I picked it up already but can't play until later because I am busy. Don't forget it comes with the first Bayonetta as well. The digital version Bayonetta 2 is cheaper at $49.99 but doesn't come with the first game. The first game on the eShop by itself is $29.99