Recently Watched Thread

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished the first season of "Asura Cryin'". It ended on a cliffhanger, but not a huge one like some shows (Code Geass!). It's pretty interesting, and I definitely am looking forward to the conclusion in the fall. I also started watching BECK again, such a great anime about a band trying to make it somewhere, and all the little character story parts are good too.

I just finished watching The Garden of Sinners (Kara no Kyoukai) movie 6. It's a pretty awesome series, with some fucking awesome mind trips, fight scenes, blood, gore, and more. It's another must see for anime fans, though it is only available through fansubs. It takes place in the Type-Moon universe (Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime - Lunar Legend), which I am huge fan of. If you've seen any of the other type-moon stuff you'll see some similarities between the characters, which is always cool.

The series is 7 movies, with the 6 just coming out today. I'm not sure when the 7th comes out to conclude it, but the first 5 were released a month apart, then it took a 6 month break between 5 and 6.

Street Fighter: The Rise of Chun-Lei

Probably the worst movie I have ever seen. Ever. The first fight scene is hilarious, but the rest of the movie is an example of how not to make a movie. They flashback to things that happened less than a minute ago and don't explain who some characters are and why the fuck they are even in the film. On top of that the movie jumps from Chun Lei's childhood to her adulthood within five seconds with no segue. Also, whenever Bison (the villain) appears on screen they include the sound of a tiger roaring.

Granted the only reason I watched this was because I was at a friends house and he told me he just downloaded the "worst movie ever made."

Aside from the first fight scene the movie isn't even laughable, it's just frustrating.

Haha is it worse than the Van Damn street fighter?

Probably the worst movie I have ever seen. Ever. The first fight scene is hilarious, but the rest of the movie is an example of how not to make a movie. They flashback to things that happened less than a minute ago and don't explain who some characters are and why the fuck they are even in the film. On top of that the movie jumps from Chun Lei's childhood to her adulthood within five seconds with no segue. Also, whenever Bison (the villain) appears on screen they include the sound of a tiger roaring.

Granted the only reason I watched this was because I was at a friends house and he told me he just downloaded the "worst movie ever made."

Aside from the first fight scene the movie isn't even laughable, it's just frustrating.

Haha is it worse than the Van Damn street fighter?

Yes. WAY WORSE. I didn't think such a thing was possible, but I was dead wrong.

hitchhikers guide to the galaxy. I saw it when it came out, read the book last week, and watched it again today. Such a good movie. And zooey deschanel is such a babe.

I love this movie. I was actually lucky enough to find a theatrical poster for it and it's now hanging in my basement. It's a very odd movie. I love Sam Rockwell. I just saw "Moon", the directorial debut from David Bowie's son and it was fantastic. Rockwell is such a great actor.

i watched Lars and the real girl.. i thought that it was rad

I had high hopes for this film. I finally saw it a while ago and was a little let down. It was a fine film, but not as great as everyone said it was going to be.

"Little Dieter Needs to Fly" was interesting. As a former prisoner of war, Dieter Dengler had an obsession opening and closing doors later in life. He said that people don't understand how lucky they are to have the freedom to do such a simple task. He also build his house to have a very spread out, open feel to it. It was a great documentary.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to see the new Harry Potter with my old lady. The middle-aged couple next to us apparently didn't know how to whisper. The whole time they kept yelling "I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON !??!!!1! I HOPE THIS IS OVER SOON. IT'S SO LOOOOONG!!" Really? What the fuck did you expect from a 700 page book? And why the fuck do you see the sixth movie in a fucking series when you don't know the fucking story? Christ. I was expecting a bunch of obnoxious kids at the movie, not a bunch of screeching, mentally deficient adults.

Just finished Deadwood. Definitely one of my favorite shows. So bummed it came to such an abrupt end.

Also watched Once Upon a Time in the Midlands. It's the first movie to date by Shane Meadows that I was really disappointed with. Will probably watch This Is England to get the taste out of my mouth.

I got this from Red Box just because every review I read said Chris Klein seemed to actively try to be awful for the entire movie...they were right.

I am going to see Ponyo tonight. If i can leave work early, the 330 show, otherwise 530

Did you end up seeing this Vince, and if so, how was it? I'm looking forward to seeing it.

sure did. it was fun and cute and classic Miyazaki. i feel it falls a little short of some of his other movies (only because they set such a high bar), but it is well worth watching.

This past weekend I watched:

I Love You, Man - It wasn't all that great from what I expected. A majority of the funnier scenes were already in the trailers.

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist - This one I went in w/ low expectations. It wasn't bad. Kinda feel good story. A bit too hipsterish for me though. Kinda aggravated at how it ended though. All the build-up and don't get to hear Where's Fluffy?...WTF?!?!

"District 9" - Different from what I expected, and certainly worth the hype. One heck of a unique alien movie. Super violent too.

"Life is Beautiful" - Described as a tragicomedy, this movie puts a very comedic. upbeat character amidst the horrors of a concentration camp. Uplifting and yet crushing at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...