The Killers Pressing Info

Given that I have wanted a vinyl copy of Sam's Town for about ten years, that is not pressed on a picture disc, I went ahead and bit the bullet and pre-ordered this thing for $50, along with the colored single LP version of Elliott Smith "Figure 8." All I have is the Plain Records version of it.

ES showing sold out at $35 a pop, plus shipping. :o

I remember buying "XO" and "Odelay" for $10 each when they were new records!

44 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

Given that I have wanted a vinyl copy of Sam's Town for about ten years, that is not pressed on a picture disc, I went ahead and bit the bullet and pre-ordered this thing for $50, along with the colored single LP version of Elliott Smith "Figure 8." All I have is the Plain Records version of it.

ES showing sold out at $35 a pop, plus shipping. :o

I remember buying "XO" and "Odelay" for $10 each when they were new records!

Went ahead with the preorder on Sam's Town for the same reason and on principle. Put out what I'm pining for and I'll buy it.

Hmmmm, I love the new album art and The Killers are one of my favorites but I still don't think it's worth $50. I'll probably wait a little while longer and see if it pops up for pre-order from Zia like the Beck ones did. The picture disc honestly doesn't sound bad. 

I have the 2xLP 45rpm copy of Battle Born that came with a 12 page booklet and a poster and that only cost me $30. It sounds like this reissue will be similar to that. 

5 hours ago, Vega said:

I just ordered this beauty...really looking forward to this, i need to get my fix of killers-vinyl. On the uk store there are 197 left and on the us store only 67, i wonder if those are the last ones available online...didn't check how many there were when they went up

Of Sam's Town? How did you check available quantities?

33 minutes ago, patreeeek said:

They keep adding more every few days. 

That list of retail stores that are affiliated with Bong Load will most likely carry them as well once there's a release date announced. 

This makes me feel better. I can't justify the price right now, but will definitely pick it up locally if that's an option.