so is anyone into collection prints/posters also?

coldober

So, I tried posting this earlier, but the board was fucked...

So, instead of starting a new thread, I guess I'll just ask here. I'm looking at frames to get when I get my school check. I've been looking at posterframedepot.com and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. Their stuff looks pretty good, but as I said above, I have no experience with framing. I made frames for my two Esao prints and my Colin print, and they came out to about $30ppd each, including shipping, and that's with the frame, UV protected lens cover, and acid-free backing. Is that what I'd need? Does anyone have any other reccomendations? Any help would be appreciated.

And if anyone wants to see my new Esao print:

CDE95790-6886-4E84-BF15-D7528FAADB4E-167

Is there recommended frames for Mondo prints?  That might sound like a silly question, but so far I have two of mine in what I thought were pretty nice frames I picked up from Jo-Ann Fabrics.

Like a few have mentioned before, I really don't have any experience with framing, and I'm not looking to spend a shit-load on them.  But I guess what I'm asking is, is it going to hurt the prints in anyway to keep them in the frames they're in now?

Dan McCarthy's latest: It Felt Good To Be Lost III:

PsASY.jpg

$25 24" x 36" frame from Target + $25 custom cut matting from Michael's. The print is still available, too: http://danmccarthy.org/PRINT.DETAIL/99204.lost3.html

Wow, looks so good! I still need a frame for this bad boy, picked one up for around $30 at Ikea, but didn't realize it has plastic instead of glass. It's also everything but sturdy, so it definitely won't do. Also have his "ghost pines" print, waiting for a frame as well.

Here is a couple of my favorite prints.

DSC09170_zps788c972b.jpg

Easo Andrews - Dove Shot - This frame was expensive as hellDSC09169_zps931fec73.jpg

Audrey Kawasaki - probably my rarest print also my favorite.

DSC09171_zps8bdfe45f.jpg

Easo andrews

DSC09172_zps645b284c.jpg

My artist friend Mike Puncekar created this for me . He is an amazing artist check him out here http://mpuncekar.blogspot.com/

DSC09173_zps62415871.jpg

A Copeland Print I got signed back in 2005. It's pretty awesome

I've gotten interested in the prints Jhonen Vasquez does.  They're usually based off of his Johnny The Homicidal Maniac collection, but he does a good job with them.  This one just went up and I couldn't help but snag one.

http://www.z99store.com/product/jthm-floor-damage-screen-print-v2752A0274.jpg

Way too fucking cool man.  I love it.