Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

DO NOT order anything from Hang Tight Records. Very shitty service. They took my money and never sent me my stuff, I contacted them twice and haven't heard from them since. Luckily I contacted my bank and they got me my money back.

Hang Tight is in the UK. I ordered both the With The Punches EPs and they showed up about a month or so later, without any shipping confirmation.

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda pissed with my recent purchase from MerchNow. Pre ordered a Make Do And Mend bundle about 2 months ago. 3 weeks had gone by and nothing. Contacted them and they said that something was messed up in their order service and my order didn't go all the way through. Asked me if I wanted a refund or for them to ship it, so I just asked them to ship it. But due to this problem, I'm getting the clear version instead of he gold like I had preordered. If I hadn't emailed them about it, they would have never even known. Good communication, but kinda irritating. Didn't even offer to upgrade shipping or comp me for anything.

Last Rights Records - http://lastrightsrecords.storenvy.com/

Always a great place to order from. Very prompt on shipping times, especially for a one man operation. Records are packaged with great care. Also a great place to get imports from.

Siren Disc - ​http://sirendisc.com/

Always a pleasure to order from them. Very fast shipping. Cheapest place around for certain MoV releases. They also offer flat rate shipping of $2.95 no matter how much you purchase.

Sound Stage Direct

They are pretty great. Outside of the fact that their prices are a bit high...then again a lot of the vinyl they carry are imports so it's costly...their customer service has been great so far. I've only done two orders with them...one which arrived all jacked up and damaged...they were easy to deal with in returning the damaged record (at my cost but no biggie since they said send it Media) and then sent out back a replacement. Easy and smooth.

I'll be dealing with them again for sure if and when a record I want is only available through them.

• 2 weeks later...

SRC is giving me the hardest time even just letting me use my store credit.

I asked Forward Records if he had any pinks for the Pity Sex EP since mine had warped and he said to give him my address and if he doesn't have a pink he'll send me a test. seriously the best dude.

vinyljunkie is making it a challenge to buy stuff from him on ebay.

deathwish- i ordered a deafheaven LP, received my package and it was a Touche Amore LP. emailed them about it, quick response (as always) and they said theyd reship it. i asked if they wanted me to send them back the TA and they said nope, keep it. cant complain with that.

in vinyl we trust- ordered 4 different LPs, got sent 3 LPs and variant of the other. emailed them and they sent out the correct one, told me to keep the variant. got the correct LP in and they even threw in a free random LP of a similair band.

The worst customer service I have ever received was from Asbestos Records. I made a relatively large purchase of over $300 back at the end of March and did not receive my records until last week - and incomplete. I have attempted to get in touch with him several times after I had waited about 2 months and didn't get any response about the status. I tried various means of communication and only got a single one liner responses that ignored the questions I asked and recently a few lines via facebook about reshipping my order.

The records I received were poorly packed and several of them got damaged in transit (I can live with this as it is only the sleeves, but I'm not obviously not happy). Any duplicates I had ordered were completely omitted from the package. I requested a partial refund several times since I wound up buying many of the records on eBay and other distros because I felt I was never going to receive the records. Ultimately, I requested a full refund as I did not want to support a label that completely ignores their customers especially when I was supporting many of their releases. 4 months later a message I sent via facebook was responded to saying how the package was returned and was being resent to my old address despite stating I did not live there anymore several times. All refund requests were completely ignored as well as some details I was unclear about some of the records. These questions were asked several times before and were also ignored.

I understand this is pretty much a one or two man operation, but I find it ridiculous that there is time to post of message boards and facebook and no time to respond to ongoing customer issues dating back 4 months ago. I am now stuck with 2 copies of many of these records and missing about $100 worth of items from my order. The best I can do is try and sell them on eBay at this point and hope to make a fraction of money back as well as open claims through my bank and another agency. I am done trying to communicate to resolve this problem as I have already sent way too unread many e-mails and facebook messages. What a fucking headache.

Relapse Records

Wouldn't say best... Wouldn't say worst... I pre-ordered the Yellow & Green Baroness from Relapse. Long story short, I added a different shipping address than my home address out of convenience for myself. Anyway, Relapse put a hold on my order for quite a while until I finally took the time to check on it (still pre-release date). Apparently first time buyers must always ship to your billing address for your first purchase, which of course I'd never heard of before. I had to send Relapse an e-mail and have the order shipped to my billing address instead. By that point, I was in-between checks and when the order went through, OOPS, I was broke and the card declined (my own doing, so I can't be mad for that). I just told them forget it, cancel my order. I was able to just pick up the record at my work instead, which was cheaper to begin with.

Positives: Relapse is fairly responsive to any e-mails they receive. Pretty much right when the business week hit, they got back to me right away every time.

HOWEVER

I knew a couple who ordered that same record over pre-order. They wanted the clear green/yellow colored 2xLP specifically. When they finally got their order a couple days after the release date, they actually got two copies of the same colored record. They were only able to listen to half of the entire album which was a bunch of cranberry sauce considering they'd already had to wait a couple days longer than everyone else to even hear it. I don't know if they ever got that rectified.

For that I vote worst.

I PO'd the new Verse "Bitter Clarity, Uncommon Grace" Red smoke colored LP and Gallows together from Bridge 9. Yesterday I emailed them to try and cancel the Gallows portion of the order so I could recieve my copy of the Verse record. I got an email back this morning telling me that they didnt hold my copy and didnt have any more. Needless to say, I WONT BE ORDERING FROM Bridge 9 AGAIN!!!!!!

More on Relapse:

I don't think they are generally this bad, but on this Baroness release, they've been goofing up pretty bad.

The girl who got two copies of the same green record on the new album e-mailed Relapse to try and get it resolved. They took forever to get back to her. Apparently Relapse has been having a lot of people with this same problem, getting multiples of the same LP. Relapse said they would send them the "right" yellow record, which she received in the mail two days ago. Except, once again, she got yet another copy of the green record, bringing the grand total up to 3 copies of the same record in a double LP.

If anyone got a bunch of copies of the yellow record I'm sure she'd love to trade.

More on Relapse:

I don't think they are generally this bad, but on this Baroness release, they've been goofing up pretty bad.

The girl who got two copies of the same green record on the new album e-mailed Relapse to try and get it resolved. They took forever to get back to her. Apparently Relapse has been having a lot of people with this same problem, getting multiples of the same LP. Relapse said they would send them the "right" yellow record, which she received in the mail two days ago. Except, once again, she got yet another copy of the green record, bringing the grand total up to 3 copies of the same record in a double LP.

If anyone got a bunch of copies of the yellow record I'm sure she'd love to trade.

for someone who recently joined here seemingly to just air their grudge against Relapse, where are you geting this info from about "the girl" and a lot of people having problems with getting both green records instead of green and yellow? explain how you know what other people are experiencing rather than just naming and shaming.

for someone who recently joined here seemingly to just air their grudge against Relapse, where are you geting this info from about "the girl" and a lot of people having problems with getting both green records instead of green and yellow? explain how you know what other people are experiencing rather than just naming and shaming.

Agreed

I can understand where you guys are coming from. I'm not trying to come off as prick if that's how I'm seeming.

The girl is a really close friend/coworker at the store I work in. This whole scenario is just something I've just never heard of happening ever; if anything I just want to know if anyone else has maybe experienced this at all. Which doesn't seem to be the case at all with Relapse, they are really awesome from everything else I've heard/experienced otherwise.

Relapse is the one that claimed to my friend that other people were also getting multiple copies of the green/yellow records in their orders via their e-mail correspondence with "the girl."

It's just a really bizarre situation, that's the only reason I'm sharing.

I'm not trying to be a hater, especially being new to the forum.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?