Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?

Enjoy the ride records are my new personal favourite. Well packaged, ticked the box as gift to save me custom charges and threw a random pog in with it. Definitely buying from again.

Hahahaha ahhh damn you! Back when I first started and I got something corporate which I was dead excited about.

The Internet remembers everything :(

Have nothing but love for Robotic Empire.  They let me tack something onto an item that hadn't been shipped yet.  I'm sure they're busy and it was probably a pain.  My stuff also made it to the west coast in under 4 days, which is dope.

not too many experiences with them, but i have only good things to say. the last order i placed was for a single record and they threw in a random extra LP with it as well. not gonna complain about that!

So the thing with BWM got straightened out. The communication was just a bit confusing but my LP just shipped. 

Well I got my LP and they sent me the wrong color which is now sold out :( I ordered the day they went up too. I emailed them and they asked for pictures and my order number so we'll see what happens now.

I've had pleasant experiences with BWM. I got a response to an email a day later. No issue. I mostly order from Deathwish because they are in the same state so my stuff is usually arrives in a few days.

Deathwish is almost always on point.  I've been ordering from them for a really long time and I've only had one issue, which they fixed promptly.  If I could order from them exclusively, I probably would.

Deathwish is almost always on point. I've been ordering from them for a really long time and I've only had one issue, which they fixed promptly. If I could order from them exclusively, I probably would.

I put in an old address for an order once. Shot them an email got a reply within an hour. Always happy when I see a box with some deathwish tape on it.

I put in an old address for an order once. Shot them an email got a reply within an hour. Always happy when I see a box with some deathwish tape on it.

been ordering personally from them for many many years now, and now order a ton of distro stuff from them - never had a single issue with them.   tons of freebies, always packed well and shipped promptly.

they have quite a well oiled machine going for their store end of things.   

The Good:

I'm sure it's been said before, but it doesn't hurt to reiterate. Top Shelf is amazing. New to collecting and this was the first time I've ordered from a label directly. Ordered during their move but they were nice enough to update on when my order would ship. Haven't gotten the package yet, but i felt that them keeping me in the loop deserved this post! 

The Bad:

Being new to vinyl, I didn't think to do any research and blindly bought YMAEWK : Somethings Don't Wash Out from Mahogany Records.. well let's just say it hasn't been pleasant. Ordered a month ago. still no record, emailed and email address given was gone. filed a paypal claim and bam. said he would ship out another record, stating that already shipped it once before. Haven't gotten update on since I filed. alot of hassle for $13.50.. smh  

The Good:

I'm sure it's been said before, but it doesn't hurt to reiterate. Top Shelf is amazing. New to collecting and this was the first time I've ordered from a label directly. Ordered during their move but they were nice enough to update on when my order would ship. Haven't gotten the package yet, but i felt that them keeping me in the loop deserved this post! 

The Bad:

Being new to vinyl, I didn't think to do any research and blindly bought YMAEWK : Somethings Don't Wash Out from Mahogany Records.. well let's just say it hasn't been pleasant. Ordered a month ago. still no record, emailed and email address given was gone. filed a paypal claim and bam. said he would ship out another record, stating that already shipped it once before. Haven't gotten update on since I filed. alot of hassle for $13.50.. smh  

adam is not a very good person, sorry you fell victim to him. he deleted the original threat here for that record actually.

Neon Gold Records is probably the worst I've dealt with yet. Ordered ASTR - Varsity, didn't get any kind of confirmation email, yet they took the money out of my account. There is no contact email on their site, and their twitter account just tweets stupid shit and doesn't respond to customers. Finally took about a month and a half, and they finally sent a confirmation and it was here in two days. It wouldn't have been as bad if I could have actually contacted them during that time. 

I ordered a Bon Iver bundle fro Popmarket.com.  The s/t record was borderline un-listenable due to static and popping (apprently a known issue for the pressing).  I contacted their customer service to tell them I was pretty disappointed in the sound quality.  They shipped me out a replacement free of charge (and no return).  Can't say if the new copy will sound any better, but that's some pretty good customer service.  

Hey guys, sorry I'm a newb here so go easy on me.

I'll say first off I can be quite anxious BUT is it common for SRC to take so damn long to get an order out? Took them almost a month to get me a few in stock items and a pre order I placed like two months in advance arrived like 2 weeks after the date it dropped.

I'm just wondering, has anyone else experienced this with them?

Hey guys, sorry I'm a newb here so go easy on me.

I'll say first off I can be quite anxious BUT is it common for SRC to take so damn long to get an order out? Took them almost a month to get me a few in stock items and a pre order I placed like two months in advance arrived like 2 weeks after the date it dropped.

I'm just wondering, has anyone else experienced this with them?

Short answer, yes.  It's not uncommon.  Search for Shop Radio Cast on here if you're bored, you'll see plenty of horror stories.

• jhulud changed the title to Best/Worst Customer Service from a Distro/Label?