+/- about your day

Guest eriathomas

+ Rain and Thunderstorms.

- Pretty sure I was going 24mph in front of a school zone camera (20mph) during the heavy rainstorm, which sucks because I did not see it until I passed it and I didn't think the lights were on yet since it was like 30 mins before schools got out. Hopefully I don't get a ticket in the mail, because it'll be double the fine for a school zone :/.

- Warm weather is killing me. It's making my allergies awful, so I can hardly breathe, which is then making my anxiety really really bad.

+ Payday.

+ New GUK ep is pretty damn good.

-- Just realized I think I accidentally threw out my gift certificates to the record store out. I have like $70 too :(.

+ Meeting today with a friend's band after work...First steps into my record label!

+ Turned in my renter's app for my new apartment in Huntington Beach!

+ Hanging out with the girl prospect this Saturday :D

+ New brakes on my car!

+ ITS FRIDAY

+ I feel like all my stars are aligning! FUCKING STOKED

+ RSD tomorrow

- Just stopped by to check and see about some records...was immediately informed that I was the 7th person to ask about the Hold Steady record which they only got one copy of and it's already claimed and purchased by an employee...and the same for the Wilco box-set...majorly bummed about it...

- Work fucking blew ass today

+ RSD tomorrow

+ A-Day tomorrow as well, big weekend

- Missing The Ole 280 Boogie as well

Guest eriathomas

- Still can't find my Gift-certificates to the record store, so won't be stopping by for RSD.

- Shitty day out, cool and rainy. I love cool days and rainy days, just not at the same time, and not after a day where it was 80F out yesterday.

+ Weekend.

+ Played a few games of Euchre and shot the shit with some friends last night, was a lot of fun.

Guest eriathomas

- My head feels super shitty today. It's really foggy, I'm super out of it, and I have a headache.

- I had a few beers last night, and my stomach is all fucked up today.

+ Cool out today, which is helping my allergies and anxiety.

- Road closures to accommodate an Iron Man race made travels difficult. But...

+ Got to drive through parts of the city I normally don't.

+ Suggestion of an afternoon treat of gelato w/ the new lady turned into a walk in Audubon park and making out on an old bridge.

+ Suggestion of a glass of wine at my house to close out the evening turned into making out in my yard in front of the pond.

++++ Started pouring rain. We didn't care. Fucking H-O-T.

+++++ No, seriously. Really fucking hot.

Sunday 4-18-10:

- work @ 6:30a.m.

+ most of my prep-work for the day was already done for me

- was short-staffed

- did waaaaaay more $ in sales than I'm used, and I was short staffed

+ my labor at the end of the day was amazing

- got out of work over an hour late b/c of all the extra shit I had to do

- b/c I was late getting out of work I missed the first half of the O'Brother/Thric/Manchester Orchestra show

- missed O'Brother (dude's are freaking awesome live) and half of Thrice's set

- Thrice puts on a weak show these days...was not impressed and don't feel like I'm missing out on anything past Artist in the Ambulence

- Security at the venue was being a fucking ass-basket, made my girlfriend and me move 4 seperate occasions...the first time he asked us to move I inquired what the reasoning was for moving from where we were standing and his response was "Because I said you need to move NOW" which pissed me off quite a bit

- Same security guard made us sit in a booth for the last 3 songs of Thrice's set with two complete strangers...fucking bastard-sauce

+ Manchester Orchestra played really well, new shit was pretty epic sounding stuff...very long and drawn out

- Manchester Orchestra didn't play "Wolves At Night" (which I found odd, as they were playing in the city where the music video was shot)

- Manchester Orchestra totally totally ripped off The Snake The Cross The Crown's whole "let's bring everybody out on stage and bang on a drum for this one part of our song" routine...while cool, just found it odd that ripped it off

+ Manchester Orchestra played their Fitty Cent song...good laughs

Monday 4-19-10:

- Super tired all day

- Super hungry all day

+ Ate dinner at a brand new pizza place here in town, was really really good

+ My bosses' dad gave me a bunch of cleaning/care products and gear for my Jeep (he apparently sold his over the weekend)

- I need new tires, but havn't the money, I have one tire that keeps deflating on me and it already has 2 patches in it already...just balled and keeps getting puncture wounds apparently

Guest eriathomas

+ Just discovered PS3 Media Server (works with xbox360 too). It's like TVersity, but it supports subtitles and the quality is a lot better (imo). It makes watching my fansubs and TVrips a lot better, until I can get a proper HTPC set-up.

Guest eriathomas

- My breathing is all fucked up, just like it was like 2 years ago. I don't know if I should wait it out again, or go to the doctor. It's fucking annoying as hell and pretty scary.

- Allergies are annoying the hell out of me too.

- Having a hard time finding a good apartment or house for a good price. It also sucks when people I don't want to live with suddenly try to be a 3rd or 4th roommate.

+ Raining out, so hopefully it'll knock all the pollen out of the air.

- i didnt win the lotto last night

+ i had a fun birthday on friday. went to lunch at the best pizza place in town and got drunk, came home and took a nap, then went to one of my favorite bars and drank fancy beers and got drunk again with friends.

- found out i didnt get the job i was interviewing for. fucking lame! I thought i was a sure thing so it was super depressing

- gotta dig through my records to throw more shit up on ebay to make some money

Guest eriathomas

+ My breathing felt normal again when I went to my buddies party last night, so it must be partially a mental thing that goes away when my mind is distracted.

- It sucks again today.

+ Nice day out, though it is supposed to storm, which would be cool too.

- The handle on my hatch to my car broke. Opened it up to put cooler in the back, drove home, went to open it again and now it won't open again.

+ 2 more classes, and the final left before summer break. I'm pumped for some time to myself again. I think I might take a few weeks off work in June. I miss just doing nothing for weeks on end like my first summer of college.

+ I saw Against Me! last night, so I've got a few random thoughts, thought I'd put them here rather than a new thread, since it's not that interesting.

I've seen them before, but AM! is still pretty good live, especially with the newer songs, but what's up with that Green Day-esque psuedo member hanging out in the back corner of the stage for White Crosses songs?

They like Buffalo, I think. I saw a few set-lists from this tour and they were majorly favoring the last two albums. Last night we got a ton of RAR and a couple off Eternal Cowboy, plus some new ones and that one song off Tom's solo stuff they play every so often. They've played a good mix of old here in Blo every time I've seen them.

The crowd that goes to concerts here is as close to a community as possible it seems. I NEVER see asshole-ish behavior in the crowd. People fall, they're pulled up immediately by about 7 helpers. Someone yelled something out (twice) at the singer of Dead To Me, who shittalked back at him about moshing in basketball shorts, and when the next song started and the kid was standing still, someone went over and personally invited him back into the pit. There was a lot of goofing around in the pit, including tag-team maneuvers, and people laughed and slapped backs and hugged. Lots of shirtless dudes for some reason. I always hear stories of crowds getting shittier and shittier, and I still don't see it here, which makes me happy.

This is the first time I've seen them they didn't close with We Laugh at Danger.. Kinda bummed.

But they closed their encored with Baby, I'm an Anarchist.

Andrew is the man. I love how it seems like he's the biggest fan of the band, always clapping and yelling along with the crowd.

Sadly, the new songs really don't grab me like the old ones do. I still like them, but I haven't had a lyric make me tingle since maybe Eternal Cowboy. There's not the same special feeling I get from songs like I Still Love You Julie and Reinventing Axl Rose. There's something about the bluntness and the idealism of the old lyrics as opposed to deeper metaphors and a sort of melancholy on many of the newer songs.

Who knew White Crosses was "a pro-choice song"? I had no idea what it was about before he said that, the only song intro he gave outside of "This is a true story" before I Was A Teenage Anarchist.

I still think a lot of people miss the point on "White People For Peace". It's not a protest song, it's a song about the futility of just singing protest songs. The last line of the song ('the battle raged on.') shows how singing still fails in the face of force. (Alliteration!)