solid mail day

adambomb

Was just wondering yesterday when the records from El Ten Eleven's indiegogo would come through, and lo and behold my package from them arrived today! I ordered "For Emily" and to my surprise it came on an olive green marble instead of white or red to match the artwork. Not big on the color choice but unlike some people I'm not gonna lose any sleep over what color my record is.

• 2 weeks later...

So last week, my mom called and said "hey, looks like you got some records in the mail, do you want me to send them to you?" I thought it was weird because I haven't had anything shipped to my mom's house in years. (It's on the other side of the country.) I asked who they were from and she said Merge Records, which was extra weird because the only order I've made with Merge recently already arrived at my place in LA.

I said not to worry about forwarding it and I'll get it when I'm home for the holidays. But moms gonna mom, and she sent it anyway, and today this showed up on my doorstep:

hNx9ywI.jpg

bAxd4MA.jpg

"Come, Come to the Sunset Tree" by the Mountain Goats, the demo album with a hand-painted jacket by John Darnielle.

Two or three years ago, I donated to a Kickstarter project because one of the rewards was that JD would draw a sketch of you as a D&D-style monster, complete with a backstory and statistics and stuff. Long story short, after many delays, the lady behind the Kickstarter basically peaced out with everyone's money and never delivered the product or any of the perks. Some people reached out to JD and he said he would still deliver the sketches, but then he had a kid, went on tour, published a book, etc. By now, I had just assumed that he'd forgotten about the whole thing, and I wouldn't have blamed him if he had; it wasn't his responsibility. But the man came through and delivered on his promise (and then some), and that is just one of the reasons why I will back tMG forever and ever.

Windhand/ Salem's Pot: Split (Red)

And thanks to awesome user iwokeinrelief:

Angel of Light: We Are Him

At Jeannie Richie: Rectums Merging

Axolotl, D Yellow Swans, & Gerritt: Untitled (Red & Lime Green Splatter)

Blue Sabbath Black Cheer: For The Sickly Weaklings

Blue Sabbath Black Cheer: Borre Fen

Can: Ege Bamyasi

Can: Monster Movie

Cosmic Jokers, The: S/T

Mouthus: Slow Globes

Plastic Crimewave Sounds: S/T

Psychic Paramount, The: II 

You: Electric Day

• 2 weeks later...

9d98b087-173e-4598-af89-07fc71aed5e1_zps

Limited Edition Version: Edition of 200 hand-numbered copies in deluxe packaging, with alternate screen-printed wrap-around sleeve, wax-sealed.

Here are some more pictures of the sleeve: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/105960-po-dream-police-hypnotized-the-men/?p=2108305

14738a39-6b66-40c9-abc4-66686feae4d1_zps

86's Records Bundle:

1 x UTTER FAILURE "Eroding Forces" 12" 
1 x RATIONS "For Victory" one-sided 12" 
1 x WE LIVE IN TRENCHES "Life Crisis" 12"

1 x GO WHITE BRONCO "Life As A Monument" 7" 
1 x RATIONS “Martyrs and Prisoners” 7” 
1 x CASERACER "Caseracer" 7”

1 x CELEBRITY INTERNMENT CAMP s/t CD 
1 x ON THE MIGHT OF PRINCES "Where You Are... (Reissue)" CD 
1 x HEWHOCORRUPTS "The Smell of Money" CDEP

11b1a2f.jpg

Iced Earth - Plagues of Babylon

Goya - 777 (signed)(/500)

Blood Farmers - Headless Eyes (red/150)

Windhand/Cough Split (electric blue)

Windhand - Soma (green w/orange and white splatter)

mmmmmmm. Good mail day. And supposedly my Mineral albums should be here tomorrow! wooooooo :)

New additions as of today smile.png 

Queens of the Stone Age - Songs of the Deaf (bootleg copy pressed on green marble wax)
Ministry - FILTHPIG - Original Pressing still in the pastic wrap
Talking Heads - The Name of This Band is Talking Heads (Newbury Comics maroon colored vinyl. LE out of 1,000)
NIN - Year Zero (replaced the copy I accidentally shipped out to someone on eBay) 

728179A7-4DC6-4055-83DB-E0127316E211_zps