The Walking Dead

mcm1610

That reveal was mad mindblowing when it first came out. The letter columns were blown apart for a couple of months with folks outwardly name calling Kirkman and saying some of the meanest stuff - I'm sure they printed those letters because of how funny they came across - it was like reading angry comments on YouTube.

Finally it seems like the story is moving along more so than it has been in the first two episodes... in some departments anyway. Sophia is STILL missing, seriously?!?

- Maggie and Glenn are interacting which will eventually lead to some sexy time

- T-dogg finally got that arm looked at. About time... he was starting to look a little undead to me.

- Lori makes the grim realization that perhaps Carl would be better off dead. Oh, the irony... he's not the one you should be worried about, sistah.

- Carl made it through surgery (all that worrying for nothing)

- And while this may not have happened in tonight's episode we are made aware (in the preview) that Hershel would like for the survivors to move on once Carl has recovered. I was glad to hear that. It's time to move on to more interesting locales.

- And most importantly: Shane is shown to be a total scumbag. Yeah, we knew about the whole bangin' Lori after he thought Rick was dead thing but this is next level. Although one could argue that if Shane hadn't done what he did then Carl may not have made it through that surgery.

I was skeptical at first that the TV version of the story had Shane's character sticking around longer than what occured in the graphic novel. However, if Kirkman and the other writer's are keeping him around so that the payoff is even greater when Shane finally meets his end then I'm all for it. I wonder what else Shane can do to make us want to see him die. ;-)

Finally it seems like the story is moving along more so than it has been in the first two episodes... in some departments anyway. Sophia is STILL missing, seriously?!?

- Maggie and Glenn are interacting which will eventually lead to some sexy time

- T-dogg finally got that arm looked at. About time... he was starting to look a little undead to me.

- Lori makes the grim realization that perhaps Carl would be better off dead. Oh, the irony... he's not the one you should be worried about, sistah.

- Carl made it through surgery (all that worrying for nothing)

- And while this may not have happened in tonight's episode we are made aware (in the preview) that Hershel would like for the survivors to move on once Carl has recovered. I was glad to hear that. It's time to move on to more interesting locales.

- And most importantly: Shane is shown to be a total scumbag. Yeah, we knew about the whole bangin' Lori after he thought Rick was dead thing but this is next level. Although one could argue that if Shane hadn't done what he did then Carl may not have made it through that surgery.

I was skeptical at first that the TV version of the story had Shane's character sticking around longer than what occured in the graphic novel. However, if Kirkman and the other writer's are keeping him around so that the payoff is even greater when Shane finally meets his end then I'm all for it. I wonder what else Shane can do to make us want to see him die. ;-)

Ahhhh dude, some of us are going in to this show Blind. You kind of ruined some stuff for me. Maybe put a giant SPOILER ALERT before posting?

who knows, they might NEVER kill shane off in the show.

i don't think a spoiler warning is really necessary, a. considering how long the source material has been out there and b. the show is straying so far from the comics that anything mentioned from them probably won't even happen in the show at this rate.

What she said! And read this thread at your own risk :P

bingo!

and they really, really need to wrap up the sophia is missing storyline. it's getting a little old. ok, a lot.

the bf suggested that she's with tyrese/those other guys and that's how they meet up with them, but i'm not so sure if the show writers would do that, given that they just introduced all the new characters with hershel, etc. and heaven forbid that we'd move the plot along quickly. ahaha.

but seriously, this episode was pretty decent.

I think if we're going to discuss stuff from the comics we should put some spoiler stuff around it. Not everyone wants to read the comics, the show is insanely popular right now. I know the comic has been out for a while, but the show is all new for a lot of folks. This isn't like Jeff complaining about the X-Men (never forget).

This episode was kinda good, but it annoyed me. Lori, stop touching your face. Also, is it THE WALKING DEAD or THE WALKING DEER?! STFU about this deer.

WHERE'S CARL'S HAT?!?! The first scene next week better be him asking for it, hah.

Little comic spoiler stuff...

I liked the last scene w/ Shane. We see that the show is willing to do something really fucked up! I guess it will also help people Ok with Event A if it does ever go down.

bingo!

and they really, really need to wrap up the sophia is missing storyline. it's getting a little old. ok, a lot.

the bf suggested that she's with tyrese/those other guys and that's how they meet up with them, but i'm not so sure if the show writers would do that, given that they just introduced all the new characters with hershel, etc. and heaven forbid that we'd move the plot along quickly. ahaha.

but seriously, this episode was pretty decent.

I've been wondering how Tyrese's character was going to be brought into the show. That would be one way to do it while resolving one of the more pressing loose ends. Without Tyrese the plot developments that are forthcoming might be a little difficult (or just different than what I would have expected). At this point I just want to see someone annihilate a whole group of zombies with a hammer. No guns... just good 'ol fashioned hand tools.