The Walking Dead

mcm1610

Fantastic episode! With only two more remaining I have high hopes that this is going to go out with a big bang. Well, hopefully not too big of a bang... wouldn't want to attract any roamers.

My friends and I were taking wagers on how many characters would die in this episode. I wanted to see at least three of them get gnawed on to be satisfied. Suffice to say, I was.

oh noes they killed the pretty little white girl! HOW UNCONVENTIONAL!

real talk though, this show is still holding my interest. was totally caught off guard with the zombie invasion of their camp.

in the book the sisters were much younger, like college age.. which pushed the lolita aspect a little further that they were living in an RV with some dude who could be their dad/young grampa...

oh noes they killed the pretty little white girl! HOW UNCONVENTIONAL!

real talk though, this show is still holding my interest. was totally caught off guard with the zombie invasion of their camp.

in the book the sisters were much younger, like college age.. which pushed the lolita aspect a little further that they were living in an RV with some dude who could be their dad/young grampa...

yeah i found the awkward background info delivery while they were fishing in the boat pretty hilarious. "But sister, we are 12 years apart...you were dad's favorite...this exposition will help the viewers ah-preciate us moar as deep characters!"

im almost 100% certain how the first season is going to end... but i don't want to post it and ruin it for anyone who hasn't read the books.

Hey, if you get a free moment PM me how you think it'll end. I'm curious to know what you think. I've read the comics too but with how they keep changing things up I'm not sure I know exactly how they're going to let this play out on TV...

Shane may be a doucher but Rick is a pretty flat character. Is it just me or does everyone feel kind of...removed from these characters? like, i don't care if any of them die. except glenn. they're all so flat to me.

i wish they would introduce some different dynamics to the characters. they're all in obvious, settled roles. it's boring.

The CDC? Really? I'm not really liking this. In the comics I liked that Rick was like "Fuck this, we can't stay in Atlanta, I know shit is fucked up."

but in the show they're doing what most stupid people do in zombie related entertainment...

Try looking for government/army ran places in order to try to find safety/medicine like they have no idea what is going on.

Also, I don't like the way they are handling the Rick/Shane relationship fall-out. Shane agreeing to leave is not cool.

Who the hell is this guy underground?

Aside from all of that, show is solid. :-/

sooo...

this dude is underground, going nuts, and thinking about killing himself...

yet he can open a door and let people in/out? why is he alone? seems DUMB!

the whole show is based on a premise where dead people become reanimated and feast on the flesh of the living, and you're commenting on how realistic it is?

SPOILERS.

I was really hoping the last episode (the next one) was going to end with Shane dying/everyone else finding the prison. With the introduction of the CDC, and the scene in the woods with Rick and Shane (which was clearly a nod to the hunting scene where Shane dies), it looks like neither of those things is going to happen.

END SPOILERS.

SPOILERS.

I was really hoping the last episode (the next one) was going to end with Shane dying/everyone else finding the prison. With the introduction of the CDC, and the scene in the woods with Rick and Shane (which was clearly a nod to the hunting scene where Shane dies), it looks like neither of those things is going to happen.

END SPOILERS.

so....you already thought that they were going to skip wiltshire estates and the farm and go straight to the prison?

the passage of time/seasons is off. in the comic it could easily jump forward and it wasn't a huge deal. they leave their first camp because of the impending cold/winter, but when they leave now, it's still the middle of summer. just an observation that makes the translation from comic to television a little weirder.

well, considering the content the show is based on has been around in print for 7 years now, i think it's fair to say that it's not really spoilers ;] that, and the fact that the show is straying pretty far from the original material in some ways.

i can definitely see them ending season 1 with everyone thinking theyre safe at wiltshire estates, then letting the viewer see the hidden sign so we know they're actually in danger as the cliffhanger. with the super slow pacing so far, i'm not so sure they'll make it as far as the prison, but who knows!