The Walking Dead

mcm1610

so the wife and i got compendium 1 in the mail yesterday.

it's huge.

she's almost finished it already, i'm only on chapter 2.

i'm enjoying it a lot more than the show.

yeah the show is pretty good but the comic is just awesome. i know it's cliche to say the books are always better than the movie/show but it really is in this case. but in all honesty the comics move on a pretty steady slow pace and the show would be incredibly boring if it followed it the same way. but it works in the comics well though.

i can't wait to see how they handle the Governor in the show. best arc in the whole series

• 3 months later...

I know there are some comic book fans so I figured I'd post this:

Hardcover Book #8

(October 2nd)

http://www.amazon.co...932/ref=lh_ni_t

Its dumb that its not coming out until October, this should really be out now, but since the show came out they've been delaying the Hardcovers. Either way have at it, I'm sure the pre-order price will drop by the time it releases.

They're also releasing Compendium Book #2 here's the pre-order:

(October 16)

http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=507846

yeah that's my problem I really want to be up to date, but I have it all in Hardcover and don't really want to got just a few TPBs. I would feel like i need to go back and buy all TPBs. So I guess I'll wait for October to find out what happens next, if I really wanted to stay up dated I'd just buy the new issue every month I guess.

I'm at work otherwise I'd add a link to it... but has anyone seen the trailer for season 3? Getting into the prison is going to be intense!! Makes me wonder if they'll be including the four prisoners in the show. I would really like to see the story line that involves Thomas and Hershel's daughters on screen. He's the one in prison for "tax evasion" and was one of the more interesting twists from the graphic novels. So far it looks like they're going to focus a lot on Woodbury and The Governor so whether they'll have time to include the inmates I'm not sure...

I'm at work otherwise I'd add a link to it... but has anyone seen the trailer for season 3? Getting into the prison is going to be intense!! Makes me wonder if they'll be including the four prisoners in the show. I would really like to see the story line that involves Thomas and Hershel's daughters on screen. He's the one in prison for "tax evasion" and was one of the more interesting twists from the graphic novels. So far it looks like they're going to focus a lot on Woodbury and The Governor so whether they'll have time to include the inmates I'm not sure...

Seeing this trailer made me kind of mad. I was ready to give up on this show after they botched Season 2 but now I've been sucked back in.

• 4 weeks later...

I remember when the comic first came out and no one really cared about it. Its crazy all the attention this book has gotten. I sold my extra 1 through 12 on ebay and bought a new mac. I have gotten somewhat bored with the comic since it's the same thing over and over with the group meeting a new Humungus and than losing someone and than beating the Humungus only to meet a new one. I like the show though since it's different and it's at a slower pace. I am really curious how they will do the whole prison and Governor.

• 1 month later...

New webisodes now up and they're quite good - the main dude was Bane's right hand man in TDKR, so it's cool to see him here in a non-antagonist role: http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/webisode-1-the-walking-dead-cold-storage-hide-and-seek

Really excited for season 3 to start up while hoping that what happened in issue 100 of the comics never happens in the show.

I still haven't read the comics, 6 or 8 people come over each week to watch Walking Dead on Sunday nights and I like experiencing it for the first time with them. But I will say that I really though the second half of season two took care of a number of complaints I had with the show. It got a little sloppy but I am pretty excited for Season 3 next week.

I hope they can finally figure out the formula for this show.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched and yes the hatchet should have cut it off it two slices but I am sure the panic and such made it difficult. Good episode but my only gripe is that instead of shooting the zombies in the fenced yard they could have easily picked them off like they did when they went inside the next fence and met the armored zombies therefore conserving bullets. I did like that they made suppressors.