The Walking Dead

mcm1610

They were ambushed and out in the open being shot at from unknown (to them) points. Panic set in and they got cut down. Simple as that.

They didn't fire a single shot as far as I could see! Not saying they need to kill anyone, but it seemed like they just stood there and took it even with automatic weapons in their hands ready to go.

When you are trying to shoe-horn a bunch of character development into a single, 1 minute scene you're gonna gloss over a few details. That has, unfortunately, never really been a strength of the series. I love it, but Walking Dead doesn't really stand up to critical scrutiny in most cases.

Also, I always wonder what scenes they choose to fly through or ignore for budget reasons.

They were ambushed and out in the open being shot at from unknown (to them) points. Panic set in and they got cut down. Simple as that.

This is totally legit. HOWEVER, as previously mentioned, it doesn't make sense that they weren't dug in/patrolling the area in at least a very small radius, which would have at least provided them the opportunity to return some damage. Even ignoring that, it doesn't make sense that the Governor didn't get shot, these guys are trained, even with the ambush there would have been a few shots in his direction before they all got mowed down.

Not saying that they wouldn't have all died, just it was a little too easy to take them down.

BUT

if any of them had sustained injuries it would have messed with the plot device. As jeffersonhowell pointed out sometimes you just have to make your point and move on.

what, is it his kid or something? or one of the zombies they've done experiments on?

i'll probably read the comics after the show is over.

If you're curious, from memory...

Comic spoilers...

The girl that I was expecting is hinted at in the comics as his daughter. [spoilers from supplemental books]

In the first novel based on the comics, "The Road to Woodbury", we learn that it is his niece, who he had promised to take care of, but ultimately failed. He couldn't put her down, so he just chained her to the floor and would occasionally feed her human parts.

I recorded it and watched it about an hour after it aired. My dad texted me before I watched it asking if I cried so I knew shit was going to get crazy. Even being slightly prepared for the worst I was taken aback by the end of that episode. That was some powerful shit.

Seeing Rick break down like that after so many episodes of looking like he had become hardened to any emotions was freaking intense.

Oh T-dog, just when they made you a real character, instead of the guy who carries stuff and looks scared.

so who gets to start lactating?

i guess they have the prisoner to fill in the token black guy role now...

and my wife and i both brought up the lactating thing... my vote is for the old man.

my wife and i actually discussed lactation as well, and if it's even possible if you've never been pregnant.

she says it is.

honestly, i'd be disappointed in the human body if it wasn't.

but next weeks preview discussed going to town for formula, so maybe they aren't going to bring up breast feeding at all.

also, since when do c sections kill people?