The Walking Dead

mcm1610

if they follow the comic at all, its a copter from a news station, that eventually crashes between the prison and where the govenors settlement is... and that instigates the meet up of the two parties and all fucking hell breaks loose.... kind of a major plot point, altho its weird they would have brought it in so early

yeah that really confused me too.

i understand it was to show us how a herd can start and get bigger and go for days but really how long is it going to be until the two parties meet? couple weeks? so now we have a copter just flying around.

i think maybe the copter is the governors and they were making a run for food or people or something, i don't know.

plus if this copter has been flying around don't you think that rick and everyone else would of heard it?

How far outside of Atlanta were they. I took it as a mechanism to create the herd (and a nod to a plot point later) but I always just assumed it took the zombies days. if not weeks, to herd up and get to the farm. I thought they were flashing back.

yeah that really confused me too.

i understand it was to show us how a herd can start and get bigger and go for days but really how long is it going to be until the two parties meet? couple weeks? so now we have a copter just flying around.

i think maybe the copter is the governors and they were making a run for food or people or something, i don't know.

plus if this copter has been flying around don't you think that rick and everyone else would of heard it?

How far outside of Atlanta were they. I took it as a mechanism to create the herd (and a nod to a plot point later) but I always just assumed it took the zombies days. if not weeks, to herd up and get to the farm. I thought they were flashing back.

all questions i have asked myself. the copter definately was used to show us how a herd could start, but time frame and distance i have no idea.

i think you a right and that it was a flash back and it took a good couple of weeks for the herd and hershel's farm to meet.

it's gotta be months if it's fall/early winter. i mean carl's all running around not staying in the house and he was shot in the gut. plus that randall guy's giant leg wound had healed enough for him to walk

yeah they mention that its getting colder in the later episodes but at the same time they mentioned that more walkers are getting to the farm because the ground and river bed is drying up and hardening. i don't know i must have this shit backwards or something.

Don't forget about the chorus frogs calling in the woods when they were searching for Randall. That's typically early spring (Feb-March) for upland chorus frogs - Didn't sound like a southern chorus frog and certainly not an ornate chorus frog. That said, rarely does tv and movies strife for accuracy in their wildlife sounds. Loons may sound spooky, but unless you're way up north they're not going to at your summertime lakeside camp counselor massacre.

When are crickets the loudest? Thats what time it is. I swear that shit was out of control.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that a show that forces characters to make stupid, implausible decisions on a regular basis probably isn't focusing on accurate wildlife.

Or maybe they are, and losing site of the big picture?

Don't forget about the chorus frogs calling in the woods when they were searching for Randall. That's typically early spring (Feb-March) for upland chorus frogs - Didn't sound like a southern chorus frog and certainly not an ornate chorus frog. That said, rarely does tv and movies strife for accuracy in their wildlife sounds. Loons may sound spooky, but unless you're way up north they're not going to at your summertime lakeside camp counselor massacre.

when this was happening, my mom looked confused and asked me if my computer was making a weird sound.

nice. I am just thinking out loud here. but, what about a pic of Michael from Lost screaming CAAAARRRRLLLLL? or a pic of Herschel with his magic shotgun and the caption "This is my Boomstick" ala Bruce Campbell? get to work internets.

On the Talking dead the producers stated that it's been 4-5 months since the outbreak.
i think i need to start watching that next season. i keep missing good bits of info, like the stuff with Michonne. i haven't read the comics so i'm kinda in the dark.

I haven't read the comics either and watching Talking Dead really helps like, I would have had no idea Michonne was unless I watched Talking Dead after.

The helicopter thing also confused the hell out of me.

And I think I hate Rick, Carl, and Laurie more and more every episode.