The Walking Dead

mcm1610

in the comics they talk about how they form herds and that's the only time zombies are really super dangerous. they all just start congregating together for whatever reason and wander around in a pack. maybe they were just aimlessly wandering and finally got close enough to hear the shots from the farm.

Good morning everyone and welcome to Zombies 101. Please pay close attention to the course syllabus because we will be covering quite a large amount of material in this class.

This

I'm glad Shane is dead and while I would have loved to see Carl shoot him while he was alive, Rick stabbing him like that was fucking brutal. I also thought that entire scene was filmed really well. The next episode looks pretty intense but I sort of don't really care what happens. I'm just hoping that it gets them off the farm and moving.

i hope it gets them...MICHOOOONNNNNEEEEEE!

Michonne is the best. She's sooooo freak rad. I actually kinda felt like Daryl was playing her role to an extent... but it would be awesome if she showed up.

my mind instantly flashed to a scene in the comics between the Governor and Michonne and replaced it with Daryl and I was momentarily horrified...

Michonne is the best. She's sooooo freak rad. I actually kinda felt like Daryl was playing her role to an extent... but it would be awesome if she showed up.

my mind instantly flashed to a scene in the comics between the Governor and Michonne and replaced it with Daryl and I was momentarily horrified...

Hahahahahahahah, I don't even want to imagine that! :'(

Mighty Mouse is dead.

finally.

still wish Carl would have shot him while he was alive though. this show obviously isn't trying to placate the fans of the comic or anything but it would be awesome if they would try every now and then.

at this point, I've abandoned the entire notion of tying the two together at all - aside from characters who die before their time when they lasted way longer in the original medium, I just view them totally separate and get more enjoyment out of them that way.

A theater here in town is showing the final episode on Sunday for free - definitely going.

Mighty Mouse is dead.

finally.

still wish Carl would have shot him while he was alive though. this show obviously isn't trying to placate the fans of the comic or anything but it would be awesome if they would try every now and then.

at this point, I've abandoned the entire notion of tying the two together at all - aside from characters who die before their time when they lasted way longer in the original medium, I just view them totally separate and get more enjoyment out of them that way.

A theater here in town is showing the final episode on Sunday for free - definitely going.

i know i would enjoy it a lot more if i could separate the two, but i just can't.

the comics >>>> the show.

Imagine if this show had been produced by Showtime or HBO. They might have been able to following the graphic novels more closely. There were things that happened in the original source material that you simply cannot show on normal television... I appreciate the effort they're putting into this but they certainly do have their limitations.

Imagine if this show had been produced by Showtime or HBO. They might have been able to following the graphic novels more closely. There were things that happened in the original source material that you simply cannot show on normal television... I appreciate the effort they're putting into this but they certainly do have their limitations.

i think this response is kind of a cop-out. what has happened thus far in the comics that couldn't be shown on television outside of premium channels?

granted, some of the things with the governer etc later on might be no-nos, but up until now, they just omitted characters and events and changed things that didn't even need to be changed.

I'm fine with them being different, I anticipated that, but I feel the show would have been a lot better if it stuck close to the source material and made minor changes ala Game of Thrones.

The Governor is probably going to be so far from how he was portrayed in the comic that I'm not the least bit excited for it. I'm curious, but I'm sure it will pale in comparison and be quite tame. If they do, good on them, but I'm weary.

a herd explained:

a walker is sitting on the ground. another walker stumbles by moaning. the first zombie gets up and follows the second zombie. they pass another zombie who begins to follow. eventually you get massive amounts of walkers moaning and stumbling in a single direction which creates a herd. in the comic this gets pretty epic although it comes way later on.

CDC Guy: we are all zombies.

So much makes sense after the Shane scene.

Interesting. Many speculate that he told Rick "Your wife is pregnant". I really hope that:

A) Murl somehow shows up on the season finale of Season 2

B) They somehow reveal what the CDC dude told Rick.

When you look back at the episode when Rick finds out it's pretty evident that's not what Jenner told him. He was pretty damn surprised to find out Lori was pregnant, why would he react the way he did if he already knew? There's a rumor that (possible spoiler?) Jenner told him that everyone has the virus/infection/whatever and just that it's dormant until you die/get bitten/etc, which makes a LOT of sense after this episode considering Randall had no bites and still reanimated. Although it's possible there was blood on Rick's knife that infected Shane, Randall is a constant since he had no wounds and it gives that rumor some credibility.

so i just picked up the compendium and read the first two chapters. i think i know the answer but do you think reading the comic ruins the show? for the most part, generally speaking the first two season and chapters are pretty similar. so if you enjoy the show and haven't read the books, is it worth it to read the books and possibly ruin the show?

i had hoped the show would have been a bit more different than the book.