Record Store Day 2011 Thread - April 16

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anybody going to the Amoeba in hollywood this saturday?!

I'm sure I will be there but I think I'm starting at a smaller store and cleaning up at amoeba. They usually have some good stuff even several hours into the shopping insanity. I'm mostly just hoping to get Big Star - 3rd.

I will definitely try to visit Origami Records later in the day because they have The Growlers and Islands playing at the store.

Hopefully the stores who ordered the items will get what they ordered, because they also had the Menzingers Chamberlain Waits LP, which a lot of people wanted here, plus the Rev releases, Bouncing Souls, etc.

maybe this is why the Electric Fetus didn't list Chamberlain Waits on their website... well, I hope ILC has nothing to do with the Tron Picture Disc, and I hope I'm the only person in Minneapolis going for that :)

Hopefully the stores who ordered the items will get what they ordered, because they also had the Menzingers Chamberlain Waits LP, which a lot of people wanted here, plus the Rev releases, Bouncing Souls, etc.

maybe this is why the Electric Fetus didn't list Chamberlain Waits on their website... well, I hope ILC has nothing to do with the Tron Picture Disc, and I hope I'm the only person in Minneapolis going for that :)

i just saw Low are playing the Fetus at 4pm. now i might just have to stop over there for that!

For anyone in the upper half of Michigan's lower peninsula (or those willing to drive):

Sound it Out in Traverse City will be opening at 10 AM to celebrate Record Store Day and will also be kicking off a store liquidation sale. We will be closing on April 30th. In addition to RSD releases (what we're hoping to get can be found here: http://sounditoutrecords.com/2011/03/rsd11specialreleases/) all new & used CDs & DVDs will be 50% off, all new and used vinyl will be 20% off, 50% off posters, all tshirts $10, etc etc.

For more info: www.sounditoutrecords.com

ahh bummer! I never had the opportunity to check this store out.

a lot of stores (well that is a lie waterloo in austin and found some list from amoeba in cali) do not mention the wonder years or c&c.

still a chance said stores will have them? (not that i plan on going to amoeba in cali, just found it first before thinking to look for waterloo's list)

From what I've seen it seems that C&C in particular was done pretty low key by Dine Alone and I think it's purely for lack of broad advertisement that it hasn't ended up on the official list of releases.

For anyone in the upper half of Michigan's lower peninsula (or those willing to drive):

Sound it Out in Traverse City will be opening at 10 AM to celebrate Record Store Day and will also be kicking off a store liquidation sale. We will be closing on April 30th. In addition to RSD releases (what we're hoping to get can be found here: http://sounditoutrecords.com/2011/03/rsd11specialreleases/) all new & used CDs & DVDs will be 50% off, all new and used vinyl will be 20% off, 50% off posters, all tshirts $10, etc etc.

For more info: www.sounditoutrecords.com

Doesn't this frustrate the whole (purported) purpose of RSD?

All the RSD stock they are selling is stock that other independent record stores who are trying to stay in business can't sell.

I guess I can kind of see your point, but at the same time I see it as doing my best to offer these pieces for my customers and have one last big blow-out. We've been in business for 4 years, have participated in every RSD. It's not like I'm hoarding all this stuff (that I've been working my ass off to order/promote) to sell on eBay. Hopefully the special releases will also bring people in and help us sell our remaining inventory. If we had said "sorry, we aren't getting any of the special stuff this year" it would have saved me many headaches and a lot of money but I'd have a lot of disappointed customers (some of whom are pretty disappointed that we're closing anyway).

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Foo-Fighters-Medium-Rare-Record-Store-Day-LP-Dave-Grohl-/180652897889?pt=LH_DefaultDo main_0&hash=item2a0fc07661

This clown doesn't even have the record yet, but he still put an auction on ebay, saying "I am not a recrod store owner but will be in line to secure this, i fulfilled all my orders last record store day."

this is the most disgusting form of flipping i've ever seen. goes beyond the arrogance of posting eBay auctions for pre-ordered records.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Foo-Fighters-Medium-Rare-Record-Store-Day-LP-Dave-Grohl-/180652897889?pt=LH_DefaultDo main_0&hash=item2a0fc07661

This clown doesn't even have the record yet, but he still put an auction on ebay, saying "I am not a recrod store owner but will be in line to secure this, i fulfilled all my orders last record store day."

this is the most disgusting form of flipping i've ever seen. goes beyond the arrogance of posting eBay auctions for pre-ordered records.

I actually reported it to eBay. Not sure if he's breaking any rules or not, but by the time the auction ends, he won't even know if he'll be able to get the record or not. Lame.