Any comic book readers?

Definite ouch. (At least) three absolute editions, at $100+ each. *Tears*

Yeah, it's a lot of hits to the bank account.  But damn, I want them.

Anyone grab Chrononauts

I did and enjoyed it.  I could look at Sean Murphy's work all day.  Crazy that this is being considered for a movie already.

It was optioned from what I have read

That sounds right.  I couldn't remember the specifics.  Seems like Mark Millar's name  = possible movie these days.  The dude seems to write pitches in comic form.  I think the second issue will give me a better idea of what to expect from the series.

That sounds right. I couldn't remember the specifics. Seems like Mark Millar's name = possible movie these days. The dude seems to write pitches in comic form. I think the second issue will give me a better idea of what to expect from the series.

It was a good start.

I wish that someone would make a movie out of the Wake.

My kid and I have been reading all the new Star Wars series. I was never an SW comic fan but I love having him share in comics by my side so I'm really enjoying them. I think the stories are pretty good all in all. I'm looking forward to the Kanan book that starts next month, he's an intriguing character that I'm digging in the Rebels cartoon.

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently reading thru Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol run. I'm halfway into the fourth TPB and loving every page of it. Seriously rivaling Animal Man as my favorite thing he's written. 

Have any of you read any of the subsequent Doom Patrol series'? Are they worth picking up? Anywhere near as awesome and weird as Morrison's?

I am currently reading thru Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol run. I'm halfway into the fourth TPB and loving every page of it. Seriously rivaling Animal Man as my favorite thing he's written.

Have any of you read any of the subsequent Doom Patrol series'? Are they worth picking up? Anywhere near as awesome and weird as Morrison's?

My recollection is that one of the following writers had his moments with Doom Patrol, but the absurdity never reached Morrison's genius.

This interests me.  Morrison is a little hit or miss for me, but I really liked Animal Man.  I'm going to have to put it on my list when I get caught up on other stuff I've started.

My recollection is that one of the following writers had his moments with Doom Patrol, but the absurdity never reached Morrison's genius.

That's kinda what I figured. I looked at some of the covers and reviews of the later series and none of them really stood out.

This interests me.  Morrison is a little hit or miss for me, but I really liked Animal Man.  I'm going to have to put it on my list when I get caught up on other stuff I've started.

I feel the same way about him. Doom Patrol is most definitely one of his better books!

If you are looking to read the TPBs, I would suggest buying them sooner rather than later. The current printing is going out of print so it may be harder to find in a bit. I had to pay pretty much cover price for Vol.4. (which I almost never pay for TPBs)

Or you could buy the omnibus.

If you are looking to read the TPBs, I would suggest buying them sooner rather than later. The current printing is going out of print so it may be harder to find in a bit. I had to pay pretty much cover price for Vol.4. (which I almost never pay for TPBs)

Thanks for the heads up!  I'll look into picking it up sooner than later.

I read the first collections of both Mind MGMT and Wicked + The Divine based on recommendations in this thread. 

First, I thought Mind MGMT was brilliant. I'll be sticking with it. The art at times had me frustrated and at other times totally impressed - odd to find it so uneven from a single artist. 

Wicked: I don't know if I liked it or not. It left me feeling cold but also wondering if it picks up now that a lot of the backstory is established. I can see the concept going in cool directions but my question here is "does it?" 

Let me know. 

To me Wicked and Devine picks up as you go, but is probably a better trade read....its a book that is a little too strung out for monthly.

MGMT gets better and better....(I may be biased because he is a local guy that is super nice).....If I had to come up with any excuse for why you may see some pages that are better than others, its because matt is a work horse.  He writes, draws and colors MGMT plus has at least 5 other monthly books he is writing, plus does covers for various books.....and is drawing another book with Brian Hurt in his free time. So I can see where a page here or there may not be 100%.