Any comic book readers?

I thought the second issue of Descender was excellent.  I still don't know what to expect from it overall, but my excitement for the next issue is high.

Slightly unrelated, does anyone here use Image Direct?  I'm trying to decide if it's a little less expensive to me  and I'm curious about how other people's experiences have been before I sign up.

Never used Image Direct...

I looked into it further and the books themselves are much cheaper, but it's $1 per title to ship.  They also only ship once a month, so if you want your titles weekly, you're out of luck.

I setup my first pull list last night, after being primarily digital and trade for the past 5-8 years.  I'm pretty excited.  Ended up with about 25 titles though :blink:

I looked into it further and the books themselves are much cheaper, but it's $1 per title to ship. They also only ship once a month, so if you want your titles weekly, you're out of luck.

I setup my first pull list last night, after being primarily digital and trade for the past 5-8 years. I'm pretty excited. Ended up with about 25 titles though :blink:

I have whittled down to 14. It adds up quick

I have whittled down to 14. It adds up quick

A handful of them are titles that are short runs, so I'll probably be closer to 20 continuing series.  My concern right now is space.  My apartment isn't that big and finding room for another collection is going to be tricky.  Might have to replace my bed with more shelves...

A handful of them are titles that are short runs, so I'll probably be closer to 20 continuing series. My concern right now is space. My apartment isn't that big and finding room for another collection is going to be tricky. Might have to replace my bed with more shelves...

Yeah space is always an issue. I need to unload a few long boxes.

So all the new Star Wars comics have me at my local comic store every Wednesday and I've basically been reeled in. I've never really read comics before, but a few series caught my eye and I'm really enjoying the revelation that not all comics are superhero related. There are so many series and so many publishers that it's kind of intimidating, so I need some recs. Here's what I've enjoyed immensely in the past couple of weeks:

Wytches

Descender

Intersect

Magneto (big X-Men fan)

Saga (maybe, a little irked by some of the dialogue, six issues in and I'm still unsure)

If you have any recommendations based on this list, please let me know. I would prefer modern or even ongoing series, but if you have something older in mind that's cool. I'm really into horror, sci-fi, weird shit, absurdism/existentialism, and melancholy atmospheres. I'm really not into any superheroes other than X-Men, sexism, action hero stuff, or war realism.

Thanks in advance!

So all the new Star Wars comics have me at my local comic store every Wednesday and I've basically been reeled in. I've never really read comics before, but a few series caught my eye and I'm really enjoying the revelation that not all comics are superhero related. There are so many series and so many publishers that it's kind of intimidating, so I need some recs. Here's what I've enjoyed immensely in the past couple of weeks:

Wytches

Descender

Intersect

Magneto (big X-Men fan)

Saga (maybe, a little irked by some of the dialogue, six issues in and I'm still unsure)

If you have any recommendations based on this list, please let me know. I would prefer modern or even ongoing series, but if you have something older in mind that's cool. I'm really into horror, sci-fi, weird shit, absurdism/existentialism, and melancholy atmospheres. I'm really not into any superheroes other than X-Men, sexism, action hero stuff, or war realism.

Thanks in advance!

I read the first one already, so if anyone hasn't read any of The Sandman I'll sell Preludes and Nocturnes to you for cheapies.

Wytches

Descender

Intersect

Magneto (big X-Men fan)

Thanks in advance!

Sandman

Lucifer

Y:The Last Man

Transmetropolitan

Hellboy

BPRD

Hellblazer

Chrononauts

The Wake

Sweet Tooth

That's a great read all around.  I saw him do a Q&A at one of the colleges here last week, he's an excellent live speaker.  Makes me appreciate his work even more.

I backup all of what Ghostdrones has recommended.  Y: The Last Man and Sandman really kicked off my interest in comics.

The Goon is one of my favourites, I'd tack that onto the list as well.

That's a great read all around.  I saw him do a Q&A at one of the colleges here last week, he's an excellent live speaker.  Makes me appreciate his work even more.

I backup all of what Ghostdrones has recommended.  Y: The Last Man and Sandman really kicked off my interest in comics.

The Goon is one of my favourites, I'd tack that onto the list as well.

Shit, I wish I would've known Gaiman was doing a Q&A. That sounds awesome.