Blink182-Mark Tom & Travis Show2xLP 2ndPress

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Travis, please tell me you guys are not thinking about or in the process of re-re-releasing DEJA!

why not? it's in demand, so people will buy it for a reasonable price and finally own it.

My reason is stupid and selfish but I see both sides. I understand WANTING to own something that you can't seem to find or when you do it's ridiculously priced out the ass. I got a 1st run of Deja off ebay back in September for 15 dollars and it was part of my GWB (great white buffalo) list and I totally freaked out when it arrived! I feel like i'm a small part of this small group to own one and I feel like if everyone has one it will lose it's value to me. I would never sell or trade it for the sheer memory attachment to the album I have. I just don't want to lose the feeling I get when I listen to it. Like I said my reason is stupid and selfish and I'm certainly going to pick up a copy if it does happen but I won't be happy with myself haha. Feel free to call me an asshole!

i would love to own a copy of Deja for a reasonable price.

mostly because i'm not a huge huge huge fan of the album, so the ungodly prices are dumb to me. but it's their second best in my opinion, considering i don't like their first, or daisy very much.

so yeah, a nice re-issue, hopefully on some rad colour crazy vinyl for less than $20.

i would love to own a copy of Deja for a reasonable price.

mostly because i'm not a huge huge huge fan of the album, so the ungodly prices are dumb to me. but it's their second best in my opinion, considering i don't like their first, or daisy very much.

so yeah, a nice re-issue, hopefully on some rad colour crazy vinyl for less than $20.

A color one would be cool. I would be ok with that haha. People would go ape shit over it!

because we don't. they never really tell HT employees what is coming in shipment or when it will get there. stores just get boxes of random shit all week and whatever is in them is what they have.

\

this is really how it is everywhere i've worked retail. i get pretty annoyed when shoppers get all bent out of shape, as if it's our fault.

This. I work retail now and that's the second most question I get asked every fucking day I work.

why not? it's in demand, so people will buy it for a reasonable price and finally own it.

My reason is stupid and selfish but I see both sides. I understand WANTING to own something that you can't seem to find or when you do it's ridiculously priced out the ass. I got a 1st run of Deja off ebay back in September for 15 dollars and it was part of my GWB (great white buffalo) list and I totally freaked out when it arrived! I feel like i'm a small part of this small group to own one and I feel like if everyone has one it will lose it's value to me. I would never sell or trade it for the sheer memory attachment to the album I have. I just don't want to lose the feeling I get when I listen to it. Like I said my reason is stupid and selfish and I'm certainly going to pick up a copy if it does happen but I won't be happy with myself haha. Feel free to call me an asshole!

[image]

[image]

I don't get it.......

it's not so much that your reasons are stupid and selfish. it's more the fact that you are fucking moron. because a record that is more widely available is going to make you lose the enjoyment you get when you listen to it. fucking idiot.

it's not so much that your reasons are stupid and selfish. it's more the fact that you are fucking moron. because a record that is more widely available is going to make you lose the enjoyment you get when you listen to it. fucking idiot.

I'm really sorry having a stupid feeling/opinion about something that I said was stupid from the get go. What can I do to make it up to you? You seem like a total boss on this site and would hate to be on your bad side! From now on I will just troll rather than post. Please don't be sore with me.

You're not the only one to hold that viewpoint, but even if it were a popular one, it's just dumb. Records should, in theory, be much like CDs in that if you want to own it, it should be available. If there's demand, why not produce it so everyone who wants one can obtain one? This exclusivity bit is strange and puts records closer to baseball cards and beanie babies, not music.

You're not the only one to hold that viewpoint, but even if it were a popular one, it's just dumb. Records should, in theory, be much like CDs in that if you want to own it, it should be available. If there's demand, why not produce it so everyone who wants one can obtain one? This exclusivity bit is strange and puts records closer to baseball cards and beanie babies, not music.

Well as I stated I know it's stupid and selfish and at the same time hypocritical because Everything in Transit (1st press) is an album I would love to own. However, I will most likely never own because of the astronomical prices they go for but I jumped all over the re-press. I totally see your point and you make a great argument but it's just the way I feel. I know why that one douche bag is all pissed at how I feel on the situation but it's not going to change my mind. Plus, as I said before I would buy the re-press. Just me being an elitist music asshole like so many others. At least I can admit when I'm being a dick head.

i'm so sorry if i'm wrong, but didn't you buy up all the boxcar racer albums at your hot topic and flip them? i may be mistaken, but i really don't feel like pulling that info up.

i'm so sorry if i'm wrong, but didn't you buy up all the boxcar racer albums at your hot topic and flip them? i may be mistaken, but i really don't feel like pulling that info up.

how is that relevant to what is being talked about here?