Spare change = Records

So I took my change jar to the Coinstar today for the monthly emptying. Normally it takes out 9% as a fee for adding it up but I noticed the voucher thing. I clicked on it and it said it wouldn't take anything out if I used the change to get a gift card. Among the options was Amazon.

So using the change I throw in a jar I just pre-ordered the new Battles and the Devil Wears Prada 'Plagues' re-issue.

So... yeah. Save your change, turn it into records. Profit?

Yep, I just roll em up and take them to the bank. Takes a little while to roll and wait for the teller to count and re-count, but it beats paying a nonsense fee.

My bank does this, too -- they won't count your change for you, they'll give you rolls to do it yourself but then once you bring it in, they RECOUNT it. Hey retards! That's the same fucking thing as counting it the first time! I'm a customer of your bank, quit dicking me around!

^^ LOL.

I think things like Coinstar are genius. Obviously, they provide a service. Most people would lose 9% to let some machine provide a convenience that they could probably do with little ease. Then Coinstar makes profit on their laziness.

Why can't I come up with something that provides convenience for laziness? Just one idea could make a million bucks.

I find rolling coins really relaxing - it's one of the things my wife doesn't dig. I have a crate of rolled coins in a closet that I can't lift. It has years of accumulation that one of these days I hope to dump on some purchase and feel really good about it.

Same thing here. I went to the bank this winter and deposited 2300$ in change. Amazing. It was bitch to get to the bank. I had to make 2 trips. I'll go there more often in the future.

I find rolling coins really relaxing - it's one of the things my wife doesn't dig. I have a crate of rolled coins in a closet that I can't lift. It has years of accumulation that one of these days I hope to dump on some purchase and feel really good about it.

Same thing here. I went to the bank this winter and deposited 2300$ in change. Amazing. It was bitch to get to the bank. I had to make 2 trips. I'll go there more often in the future.

It's a good problem to have. I have the same problem now and it's to the point I'm letting it get worse until that rainy day when I really need it. It feels like found money now.

loonies included? How long did this take?

loonies included? How long did this take?

from 1¢ to 2$, a couple of years... I'd say 5 or 6...

I never use my change and always put it in a pot when I get home. Maybe that's why my drinking nights always seem to cost me a lot.

my friend who was a waitress did this. She has this huge change thing at home, and would throw her change from tips in there, and every summer she would empty it out, and go on vacation with it cause there was always like 1,000 bucks in there.

ive never let my change build up that far, but i have gotten up to 150 dollars before. Now i just bring all the change into the store cause i need it to make change on transactions, and it keeps me from ever having to go to the bank to GET change.