New to Vinyl and site

Hey all!

So about 6 weeks ago I looked to pick up Anathema's newest album, We're Here Because We're Here, on DVDA in 5.1 surround. I ordered it, but to my dismay (at the time), I could only get it with an included 7". When it arrived and saw that what was on the 7" was only on the 7", I said "I'd really like to hear that" and ordered myself a Denon TT. Upon that first spin, I was hooked.

Since then I've added, at great cost, about 100 records and a dedicated analog system to the listening room just for vinyl.

My new setup:

Speedbox II > Pro-Ject RPM 1.3 Genie w/ Ortofon 2M Black > Pro-Ject Tubebox II SE > Firestone Audio Little Country 3 Tube Headphone Amp/Pre-amp > Jolida 202BRC

The headphone amp also acts as a bypass for when I'm using speakers (Mordaunt Short Mezzo 6 with Mezzo 9 sub) rather than headphones (Grado RS2i).

All interconnects are AudioQuest Diamondback.

Some records I've purchased that I already prize are:

Porcupine Tree - The Incident

Porcupine Tree - In Absentia

Opeth - Still Life

Sigurd Ros - Takk

Though I've just entered the world of vinyl (except for the records my mom played in the house when I was a kid), I'm already hooked and look forward to the many trips to used vinyl shops in my future.

Damn, you hit the ground sprinting with some ballin' equipment. Welcome to the board!

I figured if I'm gonna get into it, I might as well do it well. No need buying stuff that I'll want to replace sooner than later. I did that with my TT and didn't feel the need to buy everything twice.

Thanks for the welcome!

someones got some MONNNNAAAYYYYYY.

thats cool.

you kinda need it for a hobby like this, or, if you're like me, just get a really understanding girlfriend with a steady job of her own.

this reminds me, i need to make a new thread.

You should get used to saying the word fiancee

i should.

she's been baby mama, lady, or girlfriend this whole time.

BUT she's felt like a wife this whole time, and i know thats slipped out when referring to her too, she hates when i do that.

anyway, sounds like this guy rules.

i want to see those hundred records he just picked up.

You should get used to saying the word fiancee

i should.

she's been baby mama, lady, or girlfriend this whole time.

BUT she's felt like a wife this whole time, and i know thats slipped out when referring to her too, she hates when i do that.

anyway, sounds like this guy rules.

i want to see those hundred records he just picked up.

We just sold a house we were renting out and have a bit of spare cash. The wife is VERY forgiving of my hobbies (that's a GOOD woman!)

I'll post a pic of the records later on tonight. If I somehow get unlazy, I'll post a list of them.

Sup y'all.

So a hot ass minute ago I was finna get my ass that new Anathema joint, We're Here Because We're Here, on DVDA in 5.1 surround or some shit. I dropped flow, but those fools had me fucked up, they made me buy some old ass little record with it. When it showed up I seent it was just a little ass 7, solo! I's like "FUCK THAT! I wanna bump it!" and came up on a Denon TT. I got twisted on that shit for real!

I dropped a grip of flow on like a whole bill of wax, and a hard ass system for the crib!

Sup y'all.

So a hot ass minute ago I was finna get my ass that new Anathema joint, We're Here Because We're Here, on DVDA in 5.1 surround or some shit. I dropped flow, but those fools had me fucked up, they made me buy some old ass little record with it. When it showed up I seent it was just a little ass 7, solo! I's like "FUCK THAT! I wanna bump it!" and came up on a Denon TT. I got twisted on that shit for real!

I dropped a grip of flow on like a whole bill of wax, and a hard ass system for the crib!

That sounds about right!