Smashing Pumpkins

You sound like the inexperienced kid to me.

I'm 35, have been collecting vinyl for 20 years, have a $2000 turntable and a $1500 all tube amp. I have 4000 vinyl LPs.

Vinyl is not supposed to sound "distorted/fuzzed out". It's supposed to be superior sonically in every way to digital, save for surface noise on the LP. We are not discussing surface noise. We are discussing mastering/pressing defects. If you don't understand it, there's no need to contribute.

I am glad we are having a dick measuring contest. Usually the ones who need to explain what they have are the ones not packing

Go back to your amazon.ca chat

Also you would know that supposed to doesnt automatically it does. But you should know that with your 4000k cds and oh so cool setup and wise age. Maybe Billy can call you for mastering advice

I am glad we are having a dick measuring contest.

Also you would know that supposed to doesnt automatically it does. But you should know that with your 4000k cds and oh so cool setup and wise age. Maybe Billy can call you for mastering advice

Of course it doesn't mean analog automatically sounds better than digital...When there's a manufacturing error it can sound worse. Same with digital. But it has the capacity to sound better.

And I don't have 4000k cds. I have 4000 lps.

And yes, my setup is cool.

And Billy didn't master the LPs, so he isn't the one who would be calling me. But maybe someone should.

And I don't know if my dick is bigger than yours, but my hearing is obviously better.

Card got declined yesterday, immediately updated my info. Now it says that they're not sure when they'll get the item back in stock. Amazon customer service said that because this item is on a first-come-first-service basis, when my card was declined my order was essentially handed off to fulfill someone else's. Damn. Screwed myself by forgetting to update my information.

Called Amazon.ca about my card having to be resubmitted and got my order moved to the front of the line and priority shipping!

WTF, I just got done having an online chat with customer service about the same thing and she was just like "it's out of stock, sorry." Might have to put a call in soon.

WTF, I just got done having an online chat with customer service about the same thing and she was just like "it's out of stock, sorry." Might have to put a call in soon.

I just called and the guy told me exactly what I already knew. That it is backorded and I will get it when they get more stock. Damn.

He also told me I can buy it from third party sellers, but no fucking way would I ever pay $283 for it.

Also mikewilliamson- post your setup. Or PM ne what you have. Contribute to the Turntable & Audio forum. There's some douches, but far less than here.

I have a YAQIN 100-B amp, and a YAQIN 22-B phono pre amp, both tube. My turntable is a REGA RP6 with a GOLDRING 1042 cartridge.

That's SIAMESE DREAM (original press) spinning on it in the pic.

I will say this...Having only listened to side 1 of the first LP...The first two tracks sounded great. Midway through the 3rd track I Was feeling the crunch. By the end of ZERO, it was pointless for me to keep it since there is another option...

I just went ahead and bought the original MELLON 3LP off eBay. No more reissue problems for me.

photoeyvj.jpg

I would just like to clear up the fact that NOT EVERY LP1 has the sound issue as bad as others. I've seen some videos on youtube that show what the issue is. My LP definitely does not have that issue, but I can tell it's real. Mine has some sibilance in Billy's voice very close to the end, which seems like it's because of how close to the label the record goes. It's just poor mastering at that point. I've tested my record on a high end set up and a cheap ION turntable that has no adjustments. It sounds fine on both.

I have a YAQIN 100-B amp, and a YAQIN 22-B phono pre amp, both tube. My turntable is a REGA RP6 with a GOLDRING 1042 cartridge.

That's SIAMESE DREAM (original press) spinning on it in the pic.

I will say this...Having only listened to side 1 of the first LP...The first two tracks sounded great. Midway through the 3rd track I Was feeling the crunch. By the end of ZERO, it was pointless for me to keep it since there is another option...

I just went ahead and bought the original MELLON 3LP off eBay. No more reissue problems for me.

photoeyvj.jpg

Awesome set up. Digging the WASP album on the shelf.

Just got mine from amazonCA. Just listened to side A. Zero sounds fine to me. Is this a luck thing? Some good some bad?

'

I'm curious...Those that think it sounds fine:

Did you all receive yours from Canada?

Those that think it sounds bad:

Did you receive yours from the USA?

Could be the Canadian batch is ok.