Smashing Pumpkins

^Please post the 2012 internet guidelines you follow so strictly, then maybe we won't have to get a post like yours every 5 pages.

It cracks me up that people complain about the content of threads. I mean if people are talking about gorilla farts and ceiling fans sure, bitch and moan. As long as the post is referring to something Smashing Pumpkins, who gives a flying fuck. 

I signed the petition, but am iffy about if we'll get any results. 

..like typing out that useless post?

No, like signing a useless petition.  People that sign this are what's wrong with the world.  Will start a petition for a record....not a real cause.  Blows my mind. 

That being said.  I think the box set is crucial and I have ZERO to complain about. 

For anyone who missed out on getting this cheap:

The first copy I received from Amazon was shipped without a box, just a shipping label stuck to the shrink wrap. Naturally, it arrived kinda messed up. There is some wear on some of the edges where the shrink wrap was cut, and one cut on the front of the box on the edge of the opening (where the records slide-in). Now, instead of returning it to Amazon I figured I would offer it cheap to someone here who doesn't care if the box is a little wonky.

Everything inside the box is okay, minus some wear in one part of each record jackets spine. I'll offer it up for $29 plus shipping. PM if interested. Pictures available if requested.

Spun it on my linear tracker and it ate Zero for breakfast. (Ie. sounded awesome!)

Out of curiosity did you buy it on Amazon? If so, is it a .ca or .com copy? 

I have 2 of these now. One I bought on my own on .ca because it was dirt cheap, and one I got for Christmas from .com, so I'm trying to figure out which one I should break the seal on, as it would be really nice for my Zero to sound good on my TT.

Can't decide. 

Out of curiosity did you buy it on Amazon? If so, is it a .ca or .com copy? 

I have 2 of these now. One I bought on my own on .ca because it was dirt cheap, and one I got for Christmas from .com, so I'm trying to figure out which one I should break the seal on, as it would be really nice for my Zero to sound good on my TT.

Can't decide. 

are you aware that amazon doesnt make records, they just sell them

So I finally got time to listen to this. I didn't notice the distortion in Zero until probably the last 10 or 15 seconds of the song and yeah it did get pretty noticeable but hardly unlistenable, maybe my copy isn't as bad as others? It kind of confuses me how a record that was originally on 3LPs (which sounded fine) that was extended to 4LPs for a reissue encounters this problem. Regardless I'm really happy with the whole box set, the art is beautiful and it was worth every penny. Only thing that blew my mind was that Amazon just slapped a shipping label on the actual product and shipped it like that in no actual box. My mind was blown further when I looked it over and there was only a little scuff on each of the corners. Someone at Amazon's warehouse goofed up there I'd say.

^^^Crybabies because they got a crappy product they paid a good amount of money for? 

are you aware that amazon doesnt make records, they just sell them

Both .ca and .com got copies sent to them, did they not? 

And if you've noticed, some people have commented how their .ca copy doesn't have an audio problem on Zero, while others have mentioned that their .com copy does. 

Nobody mentioned any fucking thing about amazon making records. 

^^^Crybabies because they got a crappy product they paid a good amount of money for? 

Both .ca and .com got copies sent to them, did they not? 

And if you've noticed, some people have commented how their .ca copy doesn't have an audio problem on Zero, while others have mentioned that their .com copy does. 

Nobody mentioned any fucking thing about amazon making records. 

My copy was from ca and does have the issue on my other turntable.

I put on a new cartridge last night--the Nagoaka MP-110.  I got the awful distortion on Zero with the new cart.  It was late and I had just got home from 11 hours of travel so I'm sure I need to align it better.

But I still think it's funny that one cart handles it very well while the other gets the symptoms listed by everyone here.

It seems to confirm my thoughts that while the album could have easily been cut better, the distortion is caused by equipment issues.  This isn't the first time this has happened either with so-called audiophile vinyl releases.  I remember the 35th anniversary vinyl repress of Dark Side of the Moon had a similar issue.  Some people played it back great while others got awful noise.

this is contact information for the people who did the mastering. Stan Getz is the guy's name. Maybe people need to flood their inbox and tell them to test the vinyl on some under $1000 cartridges.

http://www.aandrmfg.com/contact_us.html

Um, that's definitely the wrong A&R. The right one is in Dallas.