Smashing Pumpkins

Getting this topic back on-topic, there is a new 5 part interview with Billy over at Crestfallen.com.  Highlights of the details include:

* Aeroplane Flies HIgh is the next set with vinyl being the focal point

* Plans for a all-inclusive b-sides/rarities set featuring additional tracks not on the bonus material is being discussed after all of the releases are complete

* Zwan apparently has over 65 unreleased tracks and there will be a focus on that and his solo career after all of the Pumpkins stuff is completed.

From previous interviews outside of Crestfallen and other discussions with Billy:

* the Adore reissue will be Stereo, so the original Adore Mono will have/retain value

* For the reissue of Machina, Billy would like to combine Machina I and II together on vinyl, with a new tracklisting/order of songs that he felt was the way the project should have been released.

* For the reissue of Machina, Billy would like to combine Machina I and II together on vinyl, with a new tracklisting/order of songs that he felt was the way the project should have been released.

I can live with a shitty sounding "Zero" or Pisces since the originals are out there. But if these releases are fucked up I will be so bummed.

Getting this topic back on-topic, there is a new 5 part interview with Billy over at Crestfallen.com.  Highlights of the details include:

* Plans for a all-inclusive b-sides/rarities set featuring additional tracks not on the bonus material is being discussed after all of the releases are complete

* Zwan apparently has over 65 unreleased tracks and there will be a focus on that and his solo career after all of the Pumpkins stuff is completed.

From previous interviews outside of Crestfallen and other discussions with Billy:

* the Adore reissue will be Stereo, so the original Adore Mono will have/retain value

Thanks, sounds awesome.

I don't know if I'll be picking up the new Adore on vinyl though.  I've come to love the mono sound of it on vinyl, and is my preferred medium to hear this album.

Especially psyched for Machina on vinyl.

It sounds like he had a lot of frustrations with some of the other members of Zwan, which contributed to just there being one release. I think there's a quote from him about it on Zwan's Wikipedia page.

They were cheating on their significant others and such and lying to each other. It was dysfunctional but great album

a lot of people have been speculating as to what will be released. 

the plan has always been all the virgin stuff by the end of 2013 (including greatest hits/rotten apples on vinyl, which i'm not sure is necessary, but whatevs.)

then the reprise stuff rights revert back to him in 2014 so we'll get zwan, solo, and zeitgeist.

a lot of people have been speculating as to what will be released.

the plan has always been all the virgin stuff by the end of 2013 (including greatest hits/rotten apples on vinyl, which i'm not sure is necessary, but whatevs.)

then the reprise stuff rights revert back to him in 2014 so we'll get zwan, solo, and zeitgeist.

Really a big fan of zeitgeist, excited for that

^^Looking forward to getting my hands on a Zeitgeist vinyl as well, United States FTW! Love that record. 

There's distortion for the last 8 seconds of my side a record... It is noticeable, but I don't care. I paid $34 to get it shipped to my door. 8 seconds out of over 2 hours..8/7200 * 100 = 0.11%

Whatever men

I'm sure you've put into consideration that not everyone paid half price, and not all copies have been pressed the same. The distortion varies depending on what random copy you've received, some have commented their record is noticeably distorted as much as halfway through the song.

But congrats for you. You got a nice copy and still managed to be a douche bag about it. 

^^Looking forward to getting my hands on a Zeitgeist vinyl as well, United States FTW! Love that record. 

I'm sure you've put into consideration that not everyone paid half price, and not all copies have been pressed the same. The distortion varies depending on what random copy you've received, some have commented their record is noticeably distorted as much as halfway through the song.

But congrats for you. You got a nice copy and still managed to be a douche bag about it. 

I also bought one at full price. I don't think I'm being a douche.

If you don't like what you bought, get a fucken refund.

I emailed A&R Mastering, to ask them if they were aware of the mass returns on this product that resulted in Amazon to stop carrying it, and discussion on this board, Smashing Pumpkins board, and Steve Hoffman board.

I just got a response from Stan Getz himself.  Though I don't believe it answers any of my questions.  And it certainly accepts none of the blame.  I am going to shoot him back a response but here's what he said:

"I can only respond to my part in the process:

We are going from 2012 to 2013,and are not stuck in the 80's or 90's.
I want to thank you for bringing to my attention the on-line "Gang Mentality".
It is comforting.
In the words of one of my Rock hero's,getting out of rehab and going on the road again....
"I Walk Alone".
I truly and respectfully appreciate the e mail.
Stan"

Can anyone make sense of that???

"We are going from 2012 to 2013,and are not stuck in the 80's or 90's.

I want to thank you for bringing to my attention the on-line "Gang Mentality".
It is comforting."

This is a joke right? He really thinks people are returning this just because other people are? Why would anyone want to go out of their way to return something if there isn't anything wrong with it? 

Fuck that dumb cunt. Looks like someone has trouble owning up to the shit job he did. What the fuck is he on about regarding the decades? I know it's foolish to long for the skills in mastering that predate the loudness war. What's wrong with us? We should really learn to enjoy and appreciate the overblown, clipped and highly distorted sound artifacts of horrible mastering. Thank you for enlightening us, you ballsack.