2012 No Sleep Records Subscription Thread

It's just my personal judgement. Not knocking the label, but I could see many thing going wrong with any subscription series. What might sway me is an actual list of releases included which the subscription....

different label though.. and no list can be released since its all unannounced releases, bands, etc for the most part. sorry!

I'm aware of both points. Just stating thats usually my hang up with subscriptions.

Ok, I'm on the fence. Since No Sleep is on here, give us an idea of how many releases you'd anticipate going into the subscription. I know you can't give a firm number but how about an estimated range. Be conservative if you must. It's hard to jump in without knowing a general idea of what we can expect to receive. I already know the bands will be solid but is there value (sorry, the carabiner will go unused)

Sprung for one and used my 2011 discount card. Total came to just under 200. I'm hoping they don't email me and tell me I can't do that.

You get an email? Won't even let me put my code in.

A little bummed the discount card wasn't shipped in time for the La Dispute deluxe, and now we can't use them on these either, but none the less, I picked this up.

Ok, I'm on the fence. Since No Sleep is on here, give us an idea of how many releases you'd anticipate going into the subscription. I know you can't give a firm number but how about an estimated range. Be conservative if you must. It's hard to jump in without knowing a general idea of what we can expect to receive. I already know the bands will be solid but is there value (sorry, the carabiner will go unused)

I just told you that there are already 14 new releases on No Sleep's schedule for next year.

Scott - that's the official number? Sorry if I'm not too interested in blindly tossing $200 out. I buy a lot from No Sleep but damn, if its 13 7"s and one LP then it makes no sense. To ask that kind of money without a bit of clarity (sans band names etc) is asking a ton. So no, you really didn't answer my question and I'm sure I'm not the only person wondering the same thing.

Scott - that's the official number? Sorry if I'm not too interested in blindly tossing $200 out. I buy a lot from No Sleep but damn, if its 13 7"s and one LP then it makes no sense. To ask that kind of money without a bit of clarity (sans band names etc) is asking a ton. So no, you really didn't answer my question and I'm sure I'm not the only person wondering the same thing.

Its not just 7"s, there's full-lengths and EPs on that list Scott is talking about.

Of course there will be some diversity, I gave an extreme an example but if it's 7/7 for instance - that would help. "14 releases" doesn't really count as a detailed answer that can get me to toss in $230. If that's all there is then I'll wait for individual releases. At $6 a 7" that would be $42 leaving 7 LPs to cost you $22 each - that wouldn't make sense. I don't care enough about scarcity, I do however care about value.

Fuck it, I answered my own question. I'll just pass. Moving on. Thanks for challenging me into reasoning it out a bit more.

Hmmm, this makes me wonder if Razor and Tie will do Such Gold's full length on vinyl, or if it will be done by MTS, No Sleep, or some other label. Pedestals on 6131, doesn't sound like they'll do anything else there...the splits on No Sleep/MTS...who knows. Sorry, talking to myself here.

Hmmm, this makes me wonder if Razor and Tie will do Such Gold's full length on vinyl, or if it will be done by MTS, No Sleep, or some other label. Pedestals on 6131, doesn't sound like they'll do anything else there...the splits on No Sleep/MTS...who knows. Sorry, talking to myself here.

Razor and Tie did Norma Jeans new record. Was very well put together in my opinion.

if i have money left after goin to new york for latterman this weekend, ill definitely be buying. I have to remember that im getting a pretty hefty xmas bonus, but thats not for a couple more weeks.

thanks for bragging about two different things in one post.

Considering that they are the only things im looking forward to for a very long time, its actually pretty sad, but I appreciate the gratitude.