2012 No Sleep Records Subscription Thread

this xerxes record is ridiculously good. it reminds me of the mid-2000's... if you were into early hopesfall, 7a7p, etc. this record should make your day.

Aah, the good ol' days. If there were one period of my life I wish I could erase, it would be the early/mid aughts.

As an aside, I still feel weird referring to things as having a '90s feel, as it seems like we just got out of them. I didn't know people were already fondly remember the early '00s.

2000-2001 have so many nostalgic releases

I got mine in today! Weren't we supposed to get a print too? No matter, I'm still happy to get this in.

On a side note since I had the 2011 sub and have the 2012 sub I have extras of TS, Xerxes and No Trigger that I'd be willing to sell. I'm not looking to make bank on these at all so if you're interested PM me an offer. (The OBI on the Xerxes ripped during shipping)

yea, this was a pretty extensive package. after a year of anticipation, i am so psyched to drink from this mug. i've never actually waited for a mug before, ever. what a strange thing.

i guess i have extras of no trigger, xerxes, and ts & the past haunts, too. i'd be up for trading them if anyone is interested.

lastly, i am beyond thrilled that there is no more talk of the "no sleep subscription tier" package. that was the worst.

edit: just found an old email talking about the prints... they were supposed to be included.

Just got my package today. I dont mind the letterpress wraparound, I just wish it was made of a heavier card stock instead of that flimsy paper. The one on the Xerxes album was partially ripped and the one on the TS album had been taped at the bottom thus making the letterpress pointless.

So I got mine in and just to throw in one more complaint...all my corners are pretty dinged up some mashed or bent pretty good. Records are fine and look nice have not played em yet but will spin them tonight. I know aesthetics to some are stupid or it doesn't matter, but it is my money and when I purchase things I do care about condition, quality, and the entire package. I grab the magazine from the back in hopes it is in better condition, thus regardless of anyone's opinion that is just how I am and prefer to do things.

So with that in mind it kinda sucks that the packaging job is not a little more solid, but it could always be way way worse. Once again I think last years was awesome due to the fact that they were hand numbered and had different covers. It seems like these are all on white (easy to do via plant), different labels (same as before), and the strips were just printed and put on, I worry they will rip over time. I have all them in a sleeve and keep my record in the back so the obi strips may be fine, but anyway just wanted to throw out my trivial 2 cents.

• 1 month later...

Apparently they're working on a solution for the subscription downloads with the new store. At least that's what they told me on Twitter.

I agree, so far this one is lacking (though last year's did as well if you look at what was promised), but I probably would've bought all of these releases so far anyway so it's not a huge deal.

Honestly I would rather quality releases and them fully on board instead of putting something out just to meet their quota. I have been happy with the releases so far, as some bands I was not familiar with, but I also am looking forward to future releases.

I agree though that I would have much preferred different covers then the white vinyl and obi strips. I think the more limited nature, hand numbered, and special covers of last year were far better than this years.