I offer you this question VC

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does that record sell for so much? I've never even HEARD of that band.

FACEPALM

the polite route: go to CollectorsFrenzy.com >> I suspect you will be unfamiliar with at least HALF of yesterday's big-money records. reflect on the absurdity of the above statement, and be content that your particular tastes encompass more affordable subset of collectibles

the snarky route: what are these 'vinyl' and why do people spend so much money on them??!?!?!?!

The reason straight edge records go for so much is because straight edge people don't blow their money on booze.I started keeping track of my spending last month and found out I spent 294.74 on booze. It was a pretty standard drinking month so if you multiple it by 12 months it is 3,536.88. That is a lot of records.

http://mysite.verizon.net/bbeach72/goldvinyl.htm

Haha, not the floorpunch on gold. I can think of about 385729865 records id rather have than that. Its the RFTC Pushead Rocket Pack. My guess is it'll go for 1200 or so. But do I really want to sell my Minor Threat In My Eyes on red plus a few other nice records for this one? I may have to.

I guess if you don't listen to hardcore you might not know them

Anyway they were a NJ Hardcore band in the late 90s, part of the youth crew revival. Nothing special, sounded a lot like Judge. Their 300lb singer suckerpunched Duncan Barlow of Endpoint/Guilt because he was butthurt about something he said in a zine.

Ha Ha. Good Times. I might bust out a puffy jacket and wool cap next time I spin this shit.

Did you ever live in NJ? He used to work at the Vintage Vinyl in Ocean Township and let's say there is lot's of drama surrounding that as well.

Why does that record sell for so much? I've never even HEARD of that band.

FACEPALM

the polite route: go to CollectorsFrenzy.com >> I suspect you will be unfamiliar with at least HALF of yesterday's big-money records. reflect on the absurdity of the above statement, and be content that your particular tastes encompass more affordable subset of collectibles

the snarky route: what are these 'vinyl' and why do people spend so much money on them??!?!?!?!

I prefer the answer above yours.

And people thought I was crazy to pay $325 for the band version /30 for this in 1996!

The Rocket Pack does come up every now an again, but seems to go up in price almost every time. Is it worth selling other records for? I guess it depends on the records. But as there is no better band than Rocket From The Crypt, the answer is probably, yeah sell that other shit.

The reason straight edge records go for so much is because straight edge people don't blow their money on booze.I started keeping track of my spending last month and found out I spent 294.74 on booze. It was a pretty standard drinking month so if you multiple it by 12 months it is 3,536.88. That is a lot of records.

There's actually some truth to this. Some folks who've come into our house have at times subtly hinted at calling us hoarders due to the high concentration of records, books and toys and these were often the same folks who would be buying two packs of cigarettes a day while running up $40 minimum on their tab at the bar down the street. Money is all in how it's spent I guess.

Holy shit. I didn't realize FP stuff went that high. Is there any interest in Kurbjaw items as well?

Don't forget Spirit! I always thought that was a bad name choice.

quick Kurbjaw story - I go over to bill and jim's place with my girlfriend and was given the new kurbjaw 7" they just put out. My gf friend flips over the record and asks "what's guage records?" They apparently misspelled gauge in the logo.

Dang, i need to stop drinking.

Dang, i need to stop drinking.

At least consider keeping it to set periods, like parties or the weekend. I'm literally saving $300 a month as well. Still won't get you that Floorpunch record though.