PO Cursive - I Am Gemini

[image]

I Am Gemini is the surreal and powerful musical tale of Cassius and Pollock, twin brothers separated at birth. One good and one evil, their unexpected reunion in a house that is not a home ignites a classic struggle for the soul, played out with a cast of supporting characters that includes a chorus of angels and devils, and twin sisters conjoined at the head.

Recorded in the summer/fall of 2011 at Omaha, NE’s ARC Studios and mixed at Red Room in Seattle, WA with producer Matt Bayles (Mastodon, Minus The Bear, Isis), I Am Gemini marks the first time front man Tim Kasher, holding the completed story already in mind, wrote album lyrics in a linear fashion, in order, from song 1 to song 13. The result is thirteen singularly cohesive song chapters that blend effortlessly into one unique narrative. The moody and playfully sinister I Am Gemini is Cursive’s musically heaviest in years, with alternately muscular and angular guitars, pounding drums and driving bass. From the eerie introductory sounds of epic barnstormer “This House Alive” and the irresistibly catchy, insistent “The Sun and Moon”, to the searing “Double Dead” and the split personality prog-pop of “Twin Dragon/Hello Skeleton”, to the roaring, mournful closing track “Eulogy for No Name”, the album is a dynamic, mind-bending, and imaginative ride.

[image]

CD / LP / Digital :: $11/$15+SH http://saddle-creek.com/store/515

[image]

Music Plus Bundle :: $22/$25/$28+SH http://saddle-creek.com/store/516#

Bundle includes:

Choice of LP, CD, or LP and CD

Shirt

Button

Poster

Sticker

Instant Download of "The Sun and Moon" and "The Cat and Mouse"

Download of full album on February 7

[image]

I Want It All Bundle :: $50+SHhttp://saddle-creek.com/store/517#

Bundle includes:

Colored LP (exclusive to this bundle)

CD

10" picture disc with 3 b-sides

Shirt

Button

Poster

Sticker

Instant Download of "The Sun and Moon" and "The Cat and Mouse"

Download of full album on February 7

Listen to / Download "The Sun and Moon" on Rolling Stone.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-download-cursives-catchy-the-sun-and-moon-20120102

-------------------------

Haven't seen any official announcement about this going up, but I figured some of you would be interested. Saddle Creek does a stellar job with these bundles, I am really excited about this.

FYI: You'll have to re-register on SC's new store if you haven't ordered in the past couple months.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They press at RTI... and I know because I emailed Saddle Creek this time last year asking where I could get those thick plastic inner-sleeves they use. Apparently you can only get them by pressing through RTI. :)

you'd think, but the last Tim Kasher and Maria Taylor LP's were not 180 gram and both shitty thin pressings from United.

They press at RTI... and I know because I emailed Saddle Creek this time last year asking where I could get those thick plastic inner-sleeves they use. Apparently you can only get them by pressing through RTI. :)

you'd think, but the last Tim Kasher and Azure Ray were not 180 gram and both shitty thin pressings from United.

Maybe they just use RTI for their heavy-hitter releases. Mama, I'm Swollen and The People's Key were definitely RTI. Now that you mention it, you're right... Kasher's records didn't have the RTI inner-sleeve. I think this is a safe bet, though.

you'd think, but the last Tim Kasher and Azure Ray were not 180 gram and both shitty thin pressings from United.

Maybe they just use RTI for their heavy-hitter releases. Mama, I'm Swollen and The People's Key were definitely RTI. Now that you mention it, you're right... Kasher's records didn't have the RTI inner-sleeve. I think this is a safe bet, though.

I'm under this impression also.

I for one love the fuck out of Cursive and haven't been let down by any of their releases.

I would love to buy the bundle but with the holidays just ending I don't really want to drop $50 on it. I'll have to think about this one (I hardly buy bundles, even if I love the band, I'd rather use that money to own several records opposed to one and a shirt I might wear twice).

I for one love the fuck out of Cursive and haven't been let down by any of their releases.

I would love to buy the bundle but with the holidays just ending I don't really want to drop $50 on it. I'll have to think about this one (I hardly buy bundles, even if I love the band, I'd rather use that money to own several records opposed to one and a shirt I might wear twice).

Typically, I follow this sentiment too... but Saddle Creek did such an awesome job with the Mama, I'm Swollen and The People's Key bundles, i can't pass it up. Plus, I'm a sucker for b-sides presented interestingly. That picture disc looks pretty rad.

Went with the Bundle as well as the regular black version of this. What can I say, I celebrate Tim Kasher's entire catalog. First two songs ot as catchy as Mama I'm Swollen, The Ugly Organ, and Domestica but I'm sure I will dig it given a few listens. Cursive records to me are all different yet each hold a special place.