Albums that should be pressed.. but never will be

daegor

Seriously, did no one read the OP? There are like 5 posters who seemed to understand it.

This is albums that will NEVER BE RELEASED ON VINYL. Not a money issue, not a lack of interest issue, not an "only me and 5 people would buy it" issue. We're talking about albums where master tapes were lost, the band has stated it will never happen, albums full of samples impossible to clear, labels that outright refuse to license or release an album themselves, etc.

There's already a thread for releases you want to see happen: http://vinylcollective.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=vinylcollectivecooplabel&action=display&thread=26690 if you know a release will never happen, state the reason.

I'd love to see Earl Sweatshirt's album on vinyl, but the whole Samoa thing and the fact that his mom won't let anyone release anything with him on it prevent it from happening for now.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, did no one read the OP? There are like 5 posters who seemed to understand it.

This is albums that will NEVER BE RELEASED ON VINYL. Not a money issue, not a lack of interest issue, not an "only me and 5 people would buy it" issue. We're talking about albums where master tapes were lost, the band has stated it will never happen, albums full of samples impossible to clear, labels that outright refuse to license or release an album themselves, etc.

There's already a thread for releases you want to see happen: http://vinylcollective.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=vinylcollectivecooplabel&action=display&thread=26690 if you know a release will never happen, state the reason.

I'd love to see Earl Sweatshirt's album on vinyl, but the whole Samoa thing and the fact that his mom won't let anyone release anything with him on it prevent it from happening for now.

I don't understand why anyone would post in that thread any more. Isn't the VC Co-op dead? There is a newer thread on this board thats has 11 pages I think a bunch of people posted there too. Makes more sense to post there now.

I get what you and the OP are saying, but then this thread will be really short because the average person here doesn't know the status of every record that doesn't look like will ever get pressed unless they inquired with the label. I posted just as a point along with my post that I think 5 people would be interested in two of the records I posted, and Nitro is defunct to my best knowledge.

I think it's clear what happened with Osker ;)

I didn't do a search, I just linked to the same thread linked earlier in this thread. I didn't mean to single anyone out, it's just frustrating that almost no one who posted in this thread seemed to read past "Albums that should be pressed" and began posting lists of albums they like that are currently only on CD. I guess my point is there's already a thread for that, and there are in fact a bunch of releases that are known to be impossible to release, some of which have been posted in here already. I just hate clutter, basically.

Scissors for Lefty - Underhanded Romance

This was actually pressed by Eenie Meenie a few years ago... however, it's not the entire album, just "selected tracks."

http://store.eeniemeenie.com/product/scissors-for-lefty-underhanded-romance-selected-tracks-lp

There's actually several albums that I wished Eenie Meenie would have pressed on vinyl, Space Needle's discography, the remaining Irving releases, all Goldenboy's albums, and lastly, the benefit comp "Dimension Mix" with Bruce Haack covers from Beck, Eels, Apples, etc... Reiko stated it was due to finances.

Into Another - Soul Control

It was never fully mastered after their fall out with their label, then the rough mixes were leaked and the band broke up. I always wanted to hear the final version as Richie and the boys envisioned it on my turntable.

Came in to post this. One of my favorite bands ever. The un-mastered recordings are still worth listening to if you're a fan, but it would be amazing if it were ever to be properly finished and released on wax. I guess Revelation was investigating the possibilities at one point, but nothing seems to have come of it...

And I also find the lack of attention to the original post pretty annoying. For instance, nobody seems to be listing the reasons why these recordings will never see vinyl....

old crow medicine show - o.c.m.s

old crow medicine show - big iron world

Like these ^ records...why won't they ever be pressed? What's the

story there? I'd love to have them if they were...

Scissors for Lefty - Underhanded Romance

This was actually pressed by Eenie Meenie a few years ago... however, it's not the entire album, just "selected tracks."

http://store.eeniemeenie.com/product/scissors-for-lefty-underhanded-romance-selected-tracks-lp

There's actually several albums that I wished Eenie Meenie would have pressed on vinyl, Space Needle's discography, the remaining Irving releases, all Goldenboy's albums, and lastly, the benefit comp "Dimension Mix" with Bruce Haack covers from Beck, Eels, Apples, etc... Reiko stated it was due to finances.

Wow thanks so much man.

better yet, the "unreleased" album before Rival Schools broke up.

this is what I came to post

Def this. Also on that note, the Brand New TDAGARIM demos/Fight Off Your Demons demos. That would never happen.

I also vaguely recall that Trent Reznor has said NIN's Still would never be pressed so that too.

Copeland - Eat, Sleep, Repeat. - Got caught up in red tape when they signed with Colombia then dropped off before the album cycle was complete. Also band is now defunct. It's a shame too cause I think its hands down their finest work. Plus it had a sweek digipak layout that almost felt like a mini LP.

[image]

There are few albums I'd buy again from my middle school days, but this is definitely one. Great stuff.

had no idea you were so young!

the only hippos album i remember is Forget The World, and i was in high school when that came out.

i never followed them after that.

did that ever get pressed?

i remember really enjoying "far behind".

• 1 month later...