Shit on bands here

I'm not a huge Bob Marley fan, but I think he gets a lot of credit for being kinda universally not hated.

I guess I could say it this way -- you are at a party and can listen to generic top 40 stuff, country, or bob Marley. I think a lot of people would choose Marley (at least the dudes who are into punk/indie/hardcore/etc, like a lot of us here).

does anyone even listen to marley? as far as i can tell, he's good for one thing, and one thing only- t-shirts. 

My thoughts exactly. 

I don't like Marley either, but to be fair i have a hard time listening to more than ten minutes of reggae music in one sitting anyway.

Me too, I don't even really care for the reggae songs on the first Bad Brains record.

I didn't know it was a cover, though! Seems like Sublime did pretty well with those. "5446 What's My Number/Ball and Chain" is also a cover, but I've never heard the original version. 

I think it was Toots and the Maytals...but for all I know it was a cover of a cover...posting it so the reggae haters can shit on it haha.

One of them was wearing an Every Time I Die shirt and I told him he should know better.

Exactly, cuz ETID fucking suuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

I can't stand Imagine Dragons. Don't understand the appeal at all. 

I'm hoping they fade into obscurity as quickly as they appeared, but if they stick around for a while, I can easily see Imagine Dragons becoming the Linkin Park of this decade. Just saturating the Top 40 charts with generic, bland, radio friendly shit.

I've been meaning to download their album. I have a soft spot for safe and sound, and their song oragami is killer.

This is a rare occasion where I enjoy gap tracks.

Yeah, my boss has teenage kids and he was telling me about taking them to a show at the Fillmore. It's a bigger venue, but I've seen a lot of great bands there (gaslight, rise against, hold steady, social distortion, etc). I asked what show hoping that it was something half decent and he goes "capital cities."

I gave the "oh cool" and went back to work.

I don't know if it's been talked about in here yet I've only read about 10-15 pages of this thread. But I don't understand why everything on the radio has to be some sort of annoying dance music. I just dont like the whole "rave" thing, with all the electronic music and all the dubstep and "trap" all of it fucking sucks.

I don't know if it's been talked about in here yet I've only read about 10-15 pages of this thread. But I don't understand why everything on the radio has to be some sort of annoying dance music. I just dont like the whole "rave" thing, with all the electronic music and all the dubstep and "trap" all of it fucking sucks.

There are other radio stations you know.