Shit on bands here

1) Fuck you Crime for referring to her as it. You know it was low, did it on purpose to get a raise and to show how truly ignorant you are of other people.

2) My issue with Grace is she is a huge hypocrite. She first says she has an issue with the casting, then she is saying she doesnt have an issue with the casting but it being stereotypical. She then proceeds to put down someone's artform because it isnt up to her standards of what it should be, though she has become enraged in the past when people put down her art. If Arcade Fire cared about what she wanted the video to show instead of redneck cowboys and famous actors they would have reached out to her to direct it. 

What the fuck are you talking about????? A woman can wear a strap on and sexually force herself onto another woman too.  Sexual parts and gender have nothing to do with each other.   Please don't misgender and please don't try to defend your misgendering.

I hadn't heard of this so I looked up the tweets, and it was fairly recent.

She tweeted:

"Dear @arcadefire, maybe when making a video for a song called 'We Exist' you should get an actual 'trans' actor instead of Spider-Man?"

followed by:

@BEYONDTHENEXT @arcadefire @AndrewGarfeild it inaccurately plays on and perpetuates stereotypes

These tweets fired your distaste for her? She was one of MANY people who called him out, and she was barely, if at all, rude about it.  IIRC there was a huge discussion about this in another thread ( if someone can find, can you please post? )

also, you said this "Stop trying to be the voice for all transgendered people." Why????  Who should be the voice then?  a white cis male who has never felt oppressed?

Nope.  My tweets were about her shitting on people in Michigan, calling them all gun nuts.

How can you condemn me for a form of bullying, when the person you're trying to defend is in fact a bully himself?  Your attempts at being PC just end up leaving you being a hypocrite.  That's all I'm going to say about this.

You aren't bullying an individual, you're putting down an entire group of people.

I am not sympathetic to misgendered people wanting to be called whatever they want. I see the world in many shades of grey and can see both sides of pretty much any argument. But when I see white, and someone tells me that it is in fact black because they choose to be black I disregard them as being crazy to keep my own sanity. Maybe I am just a rube/idiot/bigot, and if so then so be it. Sometimes I feel like we have come a long way as a human race and have a long ways to go, and sometimes I feel like we are too PC for our own good. 

I do not discriminate or try to put anyone down, and wish and hope for everyone to live their life as they choose as long as it does not hurt myself or others. 

To say "it" is just hurtful and mean and I do not see any humor in it.

I try to be respectful of people, but I really do think the whole social justice/PC issues have become pretty laughable. Once people start talking about their identification with dragons and having other people living inside their head and pansexuality and cultural appropriation, I just kind of shut down.

1390325053045.png

LxAYf4h.png

I didn't realize it was such a slander to call a transgender "he" when "she" was still representing herself as a man.

I'll respect it but I feel like it is being overly sensitive and walking on eggshells around the subject.

The other day I actually asked someone about how to refer to someone else in the past, and this is what I was told:

"The majority of people typically only want to be referred to using their actual pronouns and name for any point in their life. So for instance if you're talking about Against Me!, you'd be like "I loved Laura's vocals on the album Reinventing Axl Rose. She just belts them out!" Even though she wasn't out at that time, she's a woman and that's her name so that's how you would refer to her."

I don't understand Laura changing her last name from Gabel to Grace. Excuse my ignorance but genuinely looking for an explanation.

Grace was her mother's maiden name. Apparently things have never been that great with her dad, especially since the news of Laura coming out as transgender. According to an article I read awhile back, at least. 

I try to be respectful of people, but I really do think the whole social justice/PC issues have become pretty laughable. Once people start talking about their identification with dragons and having other people living inside their head and pansexuality and cultural appropriation, I just kind of shut down.

1390325053045.png

LxAYf4h.png

That shit is funny. I'm respectful of people who identify as a gender other than what they were at birth, but if someone actually identifies as "otherkin" or "fictionkin" or whatever the current term is, that's... well, that's wrong. Say what you want about how politically incorrect I am, but these people don't actually have dissociative identity disorder, and what they're doing is glorifying and romanticizing mental illness for the sake of being "quirky" or "different."

I watched a short documentary on that topic. If I remember correctly, most if not all of the "otherkin" featured were somewhere on the autism spectrum, with two or three of them having Asperger's. I think that has something to do with it.

Re: referring to people in the past with their current preferred pronouns - I don't think that's right either. If Laura Jane Grace didn't identify as a woman when Reinventing Axl Rose was recorded, then I don't think it's accurate to refer to Tom Gabel - as she was at that time - as "she." If that's what she wants, fine, but in the plainest way possible it's not accurate.

Tl;dr there is a line that has been or will be crossed when it comes to political correctness and respecting people's choice to identify as what they want. That line was the word "transnigger." You can tell people you're actually a wolf "on all levels but physical," or that white male cishet privilege is your "trigger," but have fun surviving in the workplace with that manufactured mentality.

Right, but I wouldn't say that Muhammad Ali won a boxing match that was won by Cassius Clay. It might be pedantic but if someone changes their name and identity, perhaps they don't entirely want to be associated with anything that had their old name on it.

If I were Laura Jane Grace, I would want people to say Tom Gabel sang on Reinventing Axl Rose. Maybe it's just me.

Right, but I wouldn't say that Muhammad Ali won a boxing match that was won by Cassius Clay. It might be pedantic but if someone changes their name and identity, perhaps they don't entirely want to be associated with anything that had their old name on it.

If I were Laura Jane Grace, I would want people to say Tom Gabel sang on Reinventing Axl Rose. Maybe it's just me.

That's like saying they are two different people!  Laura wrote the lyrics and Laura sang the songs.  There isn't even a need to be pedantic about it since her voice never changed.

That's like saying they are two different people!  Laura wrote the lyrics and Laura sang the songs.  There isn't even a need to be pedantic about it since her voice never changed.

You're right. I haven't listened to the new album (I'm not an Against Me! fan anyway), but I had assumed that her voice had changed, either due to hormones or of her own volition. 

I didn't mean to imply two different people - but like I said, if it were me, I would be identifying as a new person, not just that old Tom Gabel with a new name, and as a woman. I can understand if she would want people to use different pronouns to refer to the past, but I personally wouldn't.

I guess it is a matter of personal preference, or perhaps I am just pedantic. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯