Sketchiness from Virgil Dickerson / Suburban Home?

Yeah it's weird cause when I dealt with him buying shit from Vinyl Collective he was great. He switched out some damaged vinyl I got once and everything. I had no idea of all the problems with him but now I see that nothing is probably going to develop from this thread. Most of the time when people get called out in a public forum they do their best to resolve it but I see that's happened time and time again with no results.

I actually bought one of the copies that were on ebay for fear nothing would get resolved. Just trying to get the ones we're owed for the rest of the band and Aaron from Attica! Attica!

Pretty crazy about the Greater Than Collective.

Thanks cloudest for the DF links.

I wonder how those people feel who bought the suburban home for life. How much was that again?

$1000. I totally forgot about that. I really hope that he found some way to at least pay those people back, even though they made a pretty bad decision by buying in in the first place. Did any buyers ever come forward before or after SH's demise?

WHO THE FUCK IS VIRGIL DICK IN SON.

Why wouldn't you just read the rest of this rather than try to be cool?

And I had no problems with this guy after I opened up disputes on paypal about him because it took him over 3 weeks to send me stuff I won on theoldlp. I also won one auction for a record, but then he said it was actually sold out. Ironically it was a hardcore record, but he actually sent me a Psychobilly 7 inch to make up for it. Really does suck when people can be ok to some, and crappy to others. Why can't someone just go down and question him in the address that on all of the packages? I'm sure someone in his own area probably got scwred too if he has the gonads to screw amazing bands(that's right, Ruiner was amazing, glad I saw them once at the Social in Orlando)

Not trying to minimize anyone's losses (financial or otherwise), but to the dude from Ruiner: Was this really necessary? The guy got you the actual records he owed you (you know, the ones you could potentially sell and make money off of). It's not like he stiffed you on actual product; he just didn't get you what more or less amounts to a souvenir of the record. I hate to tell you to get over it, but, yeah: Get over it. It's a test press of a split 7-inch where you covered an Oasis song. This is not your legacy. Your great-grandchildren will not care about this. This does not define you.

WHO THE FUCK IS VIRGIL DICK IN SON.

And I had no problems with this guy after I opened up disputes on paypal about him because it took him over 3 weeks to send me stuff I won on theoldlp. I also won one auction for a record, but then he said it was actually sold out. Ironically it was a hardcore record, but he actually sent me a Psychobilly 7 inch to make up for it. Really does suck when people can be ok to some, and crappy to others. Why can't someone just go down and question him in the address that on all of the packages? I'm sure someone in his own area probably got scwred too if he has the gonads to screw amazing bands(that's right, Ruiner was amazing, glad I saw them once at the Social in Orlando)

>i make joke

>10 posts, joined in october thinks im srs.

ioop.

>i make joke

ioop.

yeah, that exchange made me laugh

>i make joke

ioop.

Thats 20 posts, and pardon me for trying to believe that some people are still honest. I apologize for the mistake.

Not trying to minimize anyone's losses (financial or otherwise), but to the dude from Ruiner: Was this really necessary? The guy got you the actual records he owed you (you know, the ones you could potentially sell and make money off of). It's not like he stiffed you on actual product; he just didn't get you what more or less amounts to a souvenir of the record. I hate to tell you to get over it, but, yeah: Get over it. It's a test press of a split 7-inch where you covered an Oasis song. This is not your legacy. Your great-grandchildren will not care about this. This does not define you.
Was this really necessary?

I ordered a Medium shirt from him once...he never replied or sent it for like 2 weeks so I sent him a message.

He apologized and sent me a Small and a Large instead of a medium I guess he didn't have any...He was totally chill and was LIKE BRO PEOPLE STILL ORDER FROM THE SH SITE NOWAY BRO!?. Also I talked to him about beer once on his facebook...

You should just hit him up on that ol nerdbox. BE ALL WHERES MY REKKIDS SHEEEEIT!?

Why wouldn't you just read the rest of the threads on this board and learn about who you're aggressing rather than trying to be cool?

I wasn't trying to be cool. I was just confused as to why someone would ask that. And I don't have time to reasd through every thread, i just read the ones that seem to pertain to me. Again, sorry for the post. Next time I'll make sure not to angry the vinyl gods you are

So as long as he only scams people out of their "souvenirs" (and then auctions them off on eBay himself), it's alright? Just not "actual product"? ::)

So as long as he only scams people out of their "souvenirs" (and then auctions them off on eBay himself), it's alright? Just not "actual product"? ::)

Guess what? Ruiner didn't pay for those test presses. Virgil did. He can do whatever the fuck he likes with them, even if he said in an email that he'd send some to the band along with their retail copies. I doubt they had an ironclad contract for this release.

Dude's most likely using whatever little money he got from selling a test press from two broken-up, semi-obscure bands to help pay down his bills with labels/distributors. You know, the people he actually owes real money to.

Guess what? Ruiner didn't pay for those test presses. Virgil did. He can do whatever the fuck he likes with them, even if he said in an email that he'd send some to the band along with their retail copies. I doubt they had an ironclad contract for this release.

Dude's most likely using whatever little money he got from selling a test press from two broken-up, semi-obscure bands to help pay down his bills with labels/distributors. You know, the people he actually owes real money to.

i agree. fuck ruiner in ther stupid non ironclad contract having asses.