Thursday-ACbtLD 2xLP HOT TOPIC exclusive UP NOW

travis

Thanks for the info. To my ears, it is an obvious mastering issue, but I'm not a professional, so I'd love to hear the thoughts of others.

There is evident clipping and (unintended) distortion that are almost surely the result of too much volume. I didn't take notice who produced it before you posted, but it's interesting that the wiki post mentions criticism from excessive clipping from volume during mastering.

interesting for sure....even more interesting is that Thursday went back to him for the next two full lengths.

I wonder if they ever addressed these criticisms in an interview or anything, it'd be an interesting topic to hear their side and Fridmanns..

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info. To my ears, it is an obvious mastering issue, but I'm not a professional, so I'd love to hear the thoughts of others.

There is evident clipping and (unintended) distortion that are almost surely the result of too much volume. I didn't take notice who produced it before you posted, but it's interesting that the wiki post mentions criticism from excessive clipping from volume during mastering.

interesting for sure....even more interesting is that Thursday went back to him for the next two full lengths.

I wonder if they ever addressed these criticisms in an interview or anything, it'd be an interesting topic to hear their side and Fridmanns..

Geoff has many times stated they're very happy with the way it came out, and preferred the production to that of WATT.

Geoff has many times stated they're very happy with the way it came out, and preferred the production to that of WATT.

This is amazing. I know they had a shitty relationship in general with Island for WATT, and I'm sure that's soured a lot of their thoughts on the recording process, but wow.

I remember when the 5 songs leaked for ACBTLD. I was stoked to hear the songs, but the quality was shit. I chocked it up to be badly compressed encodes for a leak. I was amazed when I bought the album and it sounded just as bad. There is some great material on this album, but I find it really hard to listen to because of the production/mastering issues.

I also don't listen to much of their recent material. Maybe a lot of that has to do with the production.

I love how fast HT ships stuff. Already got mine today. Spinning it right now and it looks and sounds amazing. The only thing that bothers me is Side A stops after Sugar in the Sacrament and you gotta flip it to get to At This Velocity. I always loved how it just jumped right into "WE WERE SAFE!" Oh well, not anyone's fault obviously.

I think the audio issues are what made it difficult for me to get into the album when it was first released, and while there are songs that I really enjoy, I never gave it a fair enough listen. I think the vinyl release will help me make up for that. That being said, I absolutely love their later work. No Devolución was definitely a high note to go out on.

first spin on this record (since my dad left it at his store after picking it up from the post office for me yesterday) and i must say its excellent. packaging is awesome, record looks just as beautiful in person and it sounds amazing. + a ton for travis making this happen. keep em coming man.

Crazy fast shipping.

[image]

Thanks for posting those pics, these look much much better than the pics I posted and really shows how great this whole release looks

Question for everyone who has this already....what do you think of the sound quality on this?

not a fan of this album but god is that beautiful.