Bands you like despite douche members

Quick Story:

I was talking to someone who put on shows and I was told that this band were a bunch of rockstars. I asked why?

I was told that the last time they came through they were super nice, hung out before and after show, crashed at their house, etc.

The next time they came through, they showed up right before they played, left right after to crash at a hotel room.

I thought that was pretty dumb reason to dislike a band and after further discussion found out it was after show 30 or so for the band and clearly they were probably exhausted and that's why they left. This promoter was just bummed that they had this expectation built up that didn't happen.

Moral of the story:

Some people are just to needy and hyper sensitive when it comes to bands. It only takes one off/bad night and people can form these insane judgments. Of course the reverse is true, one autograph, free record, conversation can make you sold on a band/member for the rest of your life no matter what else they end up doing.

Maybe I was off on The Flatliners. It just seems like every time I see them play around Toronto they spend a lot of time making fun of/picking on people in the crowd.

Dave Hause does this but he is a great guy to talk to. I think it's funny when bands do it. Nofx does it a lot too. Last time I saw them they didn't play a note for 20. it was just them taking shots at people in the crowd. Got a little redundant, but makes for an awesome story.

each and every psychobilly band I have ever seen, with the exception of the Rocketz. I love the music, but they really need to lighten up, there aren't that many of us out there and being douchey won't bring any more people into the scene

Ever see the Legendary Shack Shakers? I don't know if I caught them on a bad night, or whatever (or a good night depending on your pov) but I really didn't appreciate having the singer reach down into his pants, yank out a handful of his pubes, then toss them out over us as if it was confetti floating down on to our faces. This happened several times during the show. Blasting snot out of his nose on to us was not that enjoyable either. I'd put that guy in the "asshole" category for sure.

each and every psychobilly band I have ever seen, with the exception of the Rocketz. I love the music, but they really need to lighten up, there aren't that many of us out there and being douchey won't bring any more people into the scene

Ever see the Legendary Shack Shakers? I don't know if I caught them on a bad night, or whatever (or a good night depending on your pov) but I really didn't appreciate having the singer reach down into his pants, yank out a handful of his pubes, then toss them out over us as if it was confetti floating down on to our faces. This happened several times during the show. Blasting snot out of his nose on to us was not that enjoyable either. I'd put that guy in the "asshole" category for sure.

what about the deli meat he slapped on that bald guys head up front....I personally loved that shit, seen 'em several times since then....will be seeing them again on Friday actually.

I thought that entire show was a blast

Flatliners are sweet dudes, especially Chris.

and I never personally dealt with Thomas, but Fall Of Troy had way to much drama surrounding them for their own good, and it seemed most of that stemmed from him.

Patrick Stickles from Titus Andronicus is a huge dick on stage/internet, but also a really nice guy when you actually talk to him, which is kind of odd.

I suppose Jonny Craig would be one for me.

On the topic of The Fall of Troy. I saw them at an Australian festival called Soundwave. About three or four years ago, can't remember exactly when. Anyways, they had a massive fight on stage, I remember Thomas got so pissed off at Frank for being off time or some shit. He just snapped and threw his guitar over the kit at him. Proceeded to get another guitar and throw that one too. Then he grabbed another one and started playing as of nothing had happened. Was the funniest shit I have ever seen in my life.

Vinnie from Less Than Jake was kind of an asshat, though it may have been a bad day.

Every time I've had the opportunity to meet the band they all were overly nice and talkative. Hell, Vinnie even hooked a friend and myself up with free merch at one show after we chatted with him for a bit. I'm guessing your experience was just a bad day.

Thomas is a joke. That whole band was a mess most of the time they were together. Too many drugs.

Thomas definitely sucks, but I still held a level of respect for Andrew, Tim, and Frank. I managed to become decent friends with Andrew after seeing them so many times. I still chat with him on facebook occasionally.

But yeah, Thomas fucking sucks.