VC, allow me to ask you this question...

...just received and email for one of my auctions on Ebay, where the buyer asks me "charging a bit too much on shipping are you?" Shipping in the U.S. is $4 with delivery conformation. Not even accounting the price of mailer & inserts, which I ship everything in. I sent him/her a "fuck off" reply with a break down of costs and a link to the usps site. Am I being an asshole, or was this justified and this fucking bidder should just be banned form my auctions? i think thats a pretty reasonable price.

...just received and email for one of my auctions on Ebay, where the buyer asks me "charging a bit too much on shipping are you?" Shipping in the U.S. is $4 with delivery conformation. Not even accounting the price of mailer & inserts, which I ship everything in. I sent him/her a "fuck off" reply with a break down of costs and a link to the usps site. Am I being an asshole, or was this justified and this fucking bidder should just be banned form my auctions? i think thats a pretty reasonable price.

probably shouldn't have been a dick in your initial response or at least waited to see what he/she had to say after you told him about all the costs involved.

I always only charge $3 for shipping 12" records to the U.S. I feel like he has the right to ask, just as much as you have the right to say fuck off. I feel like if shipping is posted higher, peoples final bid will be a couple bucks less and if shipping is lower or free shipping, the final auction will end a couple bucks more. Either way I feel as if it usually cancels out.

EDIT: didn't realize you put yours at $4, don't understand his need to even ask, that seems like a usual domestic shipping cost.

To avoid making another thread, can someone answer me this, how much does it generally cost to send a 12" mailer to Canada? I just had someone ask me if I would ship to Canada and I have no problem doing so, but would like to know how much shipping is roughly. thanks

To avoid making another thread, can someone answer me this, how much does it generally cost to send a 12" mailer to Canada? I just had someone ask me if I would ship to Canada and I have no problem doing so, but would like to know how much shipping is roughly. thanks

It should be around $7-9. I think the only time I did (like, a month ago I think...?) it cost me around 8.

I'd send a follow up expressing your lack of remorse and give a second fuck you.

Also, PM me if you are willing to sell me that NYHC Matinee comp. I really want one. I bought that on tape when it came out in 1994/95 and nostalgia just flooded back to me. I Don't Want To Live In Any Town!!!

I'm serious.

I wouldn't have been aggressive about it but the break down of the shipping price is a good response. Perhaps this person just doesn't know the reality of LP shipping.

I usually charge $4 on eBay and $3 on Discogs, but on Discogs I change and extra dollar if it's a 2xLP. I think charging more than $4 isn't necessary. I don't like when people charge $5+ for shipping. I do sometimes ask why the shipping is high if they charge like $6, if I'm buying a cheap record. Like if I'm buying a $10 record, paying $6 for shipping is pointless. But if I'm buy a $50 record, I'm not really gonna care. But $4 is normal, especially on eBay. I think you're Justified.

the confirmation alone is 75 cents right?

the mailer, the insert, and the rising cost of shipping makes 4 seem about right. dudes being a dummy. like, what is he griping about in his head? 50 cents? an entire DOLLAR?

dont forget packing tape and gas to drive to the post office too, last time i checked that shit wasnt free either