PO: Sum 41 - All Killer, No Filler

35akox2.jpg

sum 41 came in today (blue)

warped and curvy :(

Go into your local post office and present them with the physical item and your pictures. Demand that you talk to the post master and voice your concerns. This Isn't floods or SRC's fault so complaining to them is second to complaining to your post master. I've had to do it bc mail lady would leave my packages down the drive way next to the mail box. Come to say I had several damaged packages but it all stopped once I started to complain about the mail service. Sorry for the rant. I'm not a big fan of the USPS.

i've received two of the four variants so far and have had absolutely nothing wrong with them. as other posters have stated, the damage to the records isn't flood's fault, rather, the fault of USPS. an extra piece of cardboard really would have not made a difference, in my opinion.

also, for those saying you've sent "several" emails as opposed to just one. why? any time i've messaged him he's gotten back to me within a few days. if anything, sending multiple emails with the same issue will just complicate the situation.

i can't really speak for SRC though...i've never ordered from them before.

i've received two of the four variants so far and have had absolutely nothing wrong with them. as other posters have stated, the damage to the records isn't flood's fault, rather, the fault of USPS. an extra piece of cardboard really would have not made a difference, in my opinion.

also, for those saying you've sent "several" emails as opposed to just one. why? any time i've messaged him he's gotten back to me within a few days. if anything, sending multiple emails with the same issue will just complicate the situation.

i can't really speak for SRC though...i've never ordered from them before.

Everyone needs to chill on that White Knight bullshit. Nobody is attacking Flood. People can be disappointed. This distribution was pretty fucked and it was USPS's fault. Arguing with them is equivalent to yelling at a brick wall and 0 fucks would be given by them. Seems like this destruction originated near Asbestos's shipping origin given how wide spread it is.

I don't expect them to send me another copy coupled with two dozen roses, but as someone who is willing to pay for a medium that people openly brag about getting for free I'd like to think labels respect and appreciate my business. I just don't see why I need to ship back a fucked up record on my dime when I've publicly shown how abliterated it is.

I'm pretty loyal when it comes to labels/bands/distros. The second you make me feel like a helpless victim is the second I decided I will never do business with you again.

I will not pay $24.99 for a skinny single Sum 41 LP. No matter how happy the the friend I was going to give it to would be. I might be exaggerating the situation but the principal is more important to me. I'm not a liar or a beggar. Just some dude that wants to get stoked on shit.

Edit: I was like 3 glasses of wine deep when I wrote this.

the damage isnt "widespread". in the last 2 weeks i have literally mailed 150-200 packages a day (all the kickstarter lps went out the same time as the sum 41 records.. as well as other label releases) theres an extremely small number of copies that got damaged .... ironically there was only one kickstarter record reported damaged, and that one looked like it practically melted. Given how shitty the USPS is, thats not bad at all.

This distribution was pretty fucked and it was USPS's fault. Arguing with them is equivalent to yelling at a brick wall and 0 fucks would be given by them.

It does work. You have the proof and if your particular post office won't listen to you then find out who the post master reports to. Then inform them you want to talk the post masters boss because you feel like your being ignored. Just keep going higher from there until you feel like someone is willing to listen.

I'm pretty loyal when it comes to labels/bands/distros. The second you make me feel like a helpless victim is the second I decided I will never do business with you again.

Your impatient here. If this damage is as wide spread on VC, how many other message boards or individuals do you think are in the same boat as you? He may have hundreds to go through and you may be in the latter part of that number. Give him a chance to get shit situated. I, personally, would rather have an email with a "hey sorry about this but here is what we are going to do..." in a week then an email with a "we're working on it" in a day or two after contacting them. Patience.

I might be exaggerating the situation but the principal is more important to me. I'm not a liar or a beggar. Just some dude that wants to get stoked on shit.

No one is calling you liar or beggar. Your point is a valid one. And get stoked on shit. I've had your situation happen more than I can keep count of. It used to throw me into a frenzy and I would get shitty about it. Be patient and work with the labels/distos/bands and they will help you out greatly.

That's my last two cents on this. I will shut up now.