THE OFFICIAL HOT CASH THREAD

I imagine this is how it went down:

::last quarters earnings meeting::

Boss: "Well, we have HT cash coming up again so we should see increased bitching/returns if we don't package out vinyl in unicorn uterus's and bubble wrap. Does anyone have any cost savings ideas before we close out this meeting?"

Adam DeMamp: "why don't we ship them on regular cardboard boxes? The price of unicorn uterus has tripled in the past 6 months. And people still complain if we don't cover all 4 corners with bubble wrap"

TRAVIS: "hey, let's like, remove vinyl from the website so we don't loose our shirt"

::slow clap::

::Travis gets promotion/Travis presses everything we have ever dreamed about with his new obnoxious vinyl budget (which is increased due to the cost savings of not letting us binge on half priced vinylZzzzz::

0MG HOT TOPIC VINYLZ IS OUT OF BUSINESS. MY FAVORITE LABEL IS GONEEEEEE.

Luckily there wasn't anything I was planning on buying this week. Travis- thanks for the honesty and thanks for all the hard work you do!

I'm not bashing Travis here, because I'm sure he had orders to follow, but a little heads-up would have made this an easier pill to swallow. Whether including it on the fine-print, putting it in an email blast or even having something prepared from the higher-ups for Travis to post here... I think we all get WHY they did this, it's the execution that's ruffling our collective feathers.

There's absolutely nothing else I'd buy from Hot Topic except for vinyl, what am I supposed to do with this Hot Cash coupon now? I even specifically waited on purchasing a handful of items until this sale began, so the fact that Hot Topic arbitrarily precluded certain sections of their website from this sale without any forewarning is a pretty lame thing to do.

I asked Hot Topic on Facebook, this is what they said,

"Unfortunately, certain individuals were abusing the promotion by buying out our entire vinyl inventory and reselling it for profit, which was ruining it for the true music fan and collector. However, you can purchase vinyl using Hot Cash in our stores. The vinyl selection will become available on our website again after Hot Cash redemption ends."

So yea.

"Unfortunately, certain individuals were abusing the promotion by buying out our entire vinyl inventory and reselling it for profit, which was ruining it for the true music fan and collector. However, you can purchase vinyl using Hot Cash in our stores. The vinyl selection will become available on our website again after Hot Cash redemption ends."

So yea.

I say bravo to them. most huge companies dont give a shit about stuff like that.

So yea.

As much as It ruins it for the rest of us, I respect the shit out of basically giving flippers the bird.

So yea.

LAZYLABRADOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Also, if that was a problem, then why not just limit the amount of copies per item that can be purchased at one time?

highly unlikely that a large corporation cares about people reselling their stuff.

most likely they realized they were losing money on this, so instead of doing the sensible thing (e.g. make the coupon codes unique), they decided to eliminate the department where the abuse was happening (e.g. vinyl).

obviously, the coupon codes being easily available on this site is not what they had intended, its just a shame that people who actually earned those coupons don't get a chance to use them.