THE OFFICIAL HOT CASH THREAD

Hot Cash is fucking gay. Taking the ENTIRE vinyl section offline? WTF is up with that? What if I didn't have hot cash and just wanted to get some vinyl? (Granted, I know the codes aren't unique, but you get my point!)

i didn't realize there were pictures of dudes fucking on the hot cash coupons.

I imagine this is how it went down:

::last quarters earnings meeting::

Boss: "Well, we have HT cash coming up again so we should see increased bitching/returns if we don't package out vinyl in unicorn uterus's and bubble wrap. Does anyone have any cost savings ideas before we close out this meeting?"

Adam DeMamp: "why don't we ship them on regular cardboard boxes? The price of unicorn uterus has tripled in the past 6 months. And people still complain if we don't cover all 4 corners with bubble wrap"

TRAVIS: "hey, let's like, remove vinyl from the website so we don't loose our shirt"

::slow clap::

::Travis gets promotion/Travis presses everything we have ever dreamed about with his new obnoxious vinyl budget (which is increased due to the cost savings of not letting us binge on half priced vinylZzzzz::

Travis liked my post back on page 37, which basically means everything I said is true.. Minus the unicorn uterus part. Soooo, with that increased budget Travis has :) I will be anxiously awaiting Acceptance - Phantoms being pressed.... I can only hope

if you order things online from a kiosk in a physical store (and pay the $0.99 for shipping), can you combine that with things you buy in-store to reach the $30 threshold?  $20 is waaaay too much for that Nick 13 record (err, "DVD"), but I'm sure I can find something in the store for $10 to get me over $30

if you order things online from a kiosk in a physical store (and pay the $0.99 for shipping), can you combine that with things you buy in-store to reach the $30 threshold?  $20 is waaaay too much for that Nick 13 record (err, "DVD"), but I'm sure I can find something in the store for $10 to get me over $30

No.

Looks like someone needs to hire web developers who know how to build a discounting system that can handle:

Unique Promo Codes

Exceptions by Product Category

That way they could still run HOT CASH and not have to take the whole vinyl section of their website down.

Well they already exclude the clearance section from Hot cash. So they have that capability.

i'm *kind of* bummed. i was planning on taking advantage of my 15 off 30 (that i received unexpectedly when buying my sister a christmas present), and picking up sticks & stones and one or two beatles records. 

but now i'm gonna go stop by my local store and pick up all three copies of illusion of safety and flip the bitches then put that money towards the ones i want when they're back up. 

1335823532424s.jpg

i'm *kind of* bummed. i was planning on taking advantage of my 15 off 30 (that i received unexpectedly when buying my sister a christmas present), and picking up sticks & stones and one or two beatles records.

but now i'm gonna go stop by my local store and pick up all three copies of illusion of safety and flip the bitches then put that money towards the ones i want when they're back up.

1335823532424s.jpg

There's like literally 6 copies of this in my store hahaha. Which is sad cause 6 is like 1/2 of the entire stock hahaha

Remember my comment about the sense of entitlement?

I sincerely sympathize with you guys that had coupons and can't use them online. I too would be annoyed that if I had bought records in the store and then earned hot cash but not able to use them online. But we were abusing it. People posted the codes and tons of people (probably more in some cases) got records at 50% off having not purchased anything prior, including me.

After all there's nothing on the coupon that says everything will be available to use during hot cash. Plenty of stores limit items that are for sale events. Even still, there's no exclusions either. Sucky all around but not the end of the world.

1335823532424s.jpg

Might be the only time I say this but I hope you flip them good and at a premium. Add lots of words like Rare and Limited Pressing next to your listings.