THE OFFICIAL HOT CASH THREAD

I think it's more so people using Hot Cash they didn't earn it in the first place. How many people here actually earned Hot Cash? I know I didn't. Luckily, there wasn't anything I wanted this time around. I just think if they make unique codes at least some people would be able to buy what they wanted.

Pfft, they don't give a fuck about flippers.  They could easily create unique discount codes if that was what they really cared about; could be as simple as using receipt/order numbers.  Their margins on vinyl are probably not such that they can sell off their entire stock at a 50% discount every few months without losing money.  That's what they care about.

That said, I'm not too upset about this.  I only really wanted Midtown and would have had to get something else in order to use any of the coupons.

alright, so some asshole...and when I say asshole I say it with as much fucking emphasis as possible, came into the local hottopic and cleaned the fucking vinyl section out....it was obvious she was just buying the albums to flip them, but thankfully there weren't any from under the cork trees yet or she would have had a black fucking eye...

seriously...don't fucking flip records people...or I will hunt you down and beat you within an inch of your life....

alright, so some asshole...and when I say asshole I say it with as much fucking emphasis as possible, came into the local hottopic and cleaned the fucking vinyl section out....it was obvious she was just buying the albums to flip them, but thankfully there weren't any from under the cork trees yet or she would have had a black fucking eye...

seriously...don't fucking flip records people...or I will hunt you down and beat you within an inch of your life....

You sound like a crazy person.

I never do  :unsure: I always buy only one personal copy.

I just got off the phone with Hot Topic.  I tried to see if they'd let me place an order for records over the phone using my 15 off 30 which I acutally do have (even though they'd have to take my word for it).  Unfortunately since it's been removed from the site, they don't have access to it either she said.  She also said she believes that whatever was on the site last night stockwise should be brought back the same once its over.  I asked about unique generated codes and I think they're trying to work on that but supposedly isn't as easy as it sounds (idk why).  She said they did have different codes for online, phone and stores which I didn't know but oh well.  Hopefully when I get to the store they'll have something to use it on.

No Hot Cash for vinyl AND a bunch of new annoying members. Awesome. 

I'm sure the hordes of people that have vultured the codes over the years while not being members had nothing to do with this. 

I feel like I should be upset by this but I'm just not. I have a voucher at home that will go unused as I'm out of town during the promotion. A warning would have been appropriate. A limit on vinyl perhaps. In the end I had a good run, helped plenty of overseas folks with purchases and probably bought a bunch of crap that's collecting dust simply because it was "cheap".