MAN ADVICE

My ex-best friend was like that to an extent.  She's always had a collection of dudes lined up for herself so when one didn't work out she could fall back on another, but the guys never knew of eachother so she never came across as an attention whore per se.

One of the reasons why we aren't friends anymore is because one of her dudes (who is now her boyfriend) friended me on Facebook once and she got mad at me that he could see my pictures of us in Europe with her ex boyfriend. How dare I let that happen.  She's since given me the official facebook axe, so I guess that closes the book on that friendship.

But what I gathered from being close with her for so long that it really came down to that she was obsessive over the fact that she couldn't ever be alone.  This goes as far to say that when she is dating someone, the girls she considers "a threat" will never be able to know the guy or know of him, so all of her relationships are long distance (hence the European ex boyfriend).  She always had these pseudo enemies who she forever disliked I'm guessing because they were pretty or were similar to her in the sense that they also liked constant male attention.

she sounds terrible.

Girls like her are one of the reasons I have such a hard time making women friends in real life. Give me an average looking super funny chick and we're set for life

Back to the topic of guys being "too nice".  I've heard this before, but I stand by what I've always said, it's just a bunch of bullshit.  If a guy is a nice guy, then he's just being a nice guy sometimes, no alterier motives or anything.  Sometimes a girl is worthy of being treated like a damn queen.  I'm a nice guy, which has gotten me walked all over in the past, but whatever, I will continue to be a nice guy.  

Back to the topic of guys being "too nice".  I've heard this before, but I stand by what I've always said, it's just a bunch of bullshit.  If a guy is a nice guy, then he's just being a nice guy sometimes, no alterier motives or anything.  Sometimes a girl is worthy of being treated like a damn queen.  I'm a nice guy, which has gotten me walked all over in the past, but whatever, I will continue to be a nice guy.  

Precisely. 

i always took you for an asshole.. you know with the whole nostril cbr and all. :P

I like a guy that likes me, but he's way too good for me. So I've tried everything to push him away and he of course figured out right away what I was doing. I'm not ready to have any feelings towards someone, and I know if we just try to be friends, it'll happen anyway.

So I'm just going to dig a hole and bury myself now. y/y?

too good as in like he's treats you too well or something?

I said that whole 'he's too good for me' thing a few pages back and it turned out to be uhhh... very wrong. just go with it gf, see what happens.

a lot of good things in life happen when we're not ready for them

I like a guy that likes me, but he's way too good for me. So I've tried everything to push him away and he of course figured out right away what I was doing. I'm not ready to have any feelings towards someone, and I know if we just try to be friends, it'll happen anyway.

Way too good for you? Why don't you let him decide that on his own?

i know a few things you can do to push a man away.. but it's a little unconventional. my female friend does it occasionally when she sleeps with guys who keep sticking around or get too clingy. 

but i don't see how being too good for you would be a bad thing.

I'm with the rest of these folks - don't let the idea of someone being "too good" for you be the deciding factor in pursuing a relationship.  Chances are you're wrong about that.  However, if you truly feel like you're not ready to be in a relationship at all with anyone, that's a different story.  I think the only real way to solve that is to let the person know that while you are interested in them, you can't emotionally (substitute that word with whatever you feel is best) commit to a relationship right now.

I'm with the rest of these folks - don't let the idea of someone being "too good" for you be the deciding factor in pursuing a relationship.  Chances are you're wrong about that.  However, if you truly feel like you're not ready to be in a relationship at all with anyone, that's a different story.  I think the only real way to solve that is to let the person know that while you are interested in them, you can't emotionally (substitute that word with whatever you feel is best) commit to a relationship right now.

I told him I couldn't be in a relationship or even really friends because I know I'd start to have feelings for him. So I pushed him away, but he at least wants to still talk to me and "be whatever I need him to be right now." He said he would wait, but it makes me feel so shitty that I put him through this and he still likes me? He doesn't deserve that. So I don't know

I'm going to let you in on a little secret that you will start to learn as you hit your early to mid-30's:

All of those girls who were busy running around with losers and jerks in their twenties remember the guys that were nice to them.  When they mature, they start to realize that what they want is a nice boy.  Someone who cares about them and is genuine.  Who treats them like a queen. That's when you'll start hearing from them again.  Be prepared.  I wasn't.  Haha.

or if he wears a fedora and wear lots of rings?

I’d he wasn’t such an extremely nice gentleman... I’d totally have so many more stories to tell about this guy, but I’m waiting it out. I’m sure it’ll happen soon.