MAN ADVICE

Yeah, next date will be the 6th one. He opens the car door and stuff. it’s kinda cool. no one’s ever done that for me before.

Yeah, next date will be the 6th one. He opens the car door and stuff. it’s kinda cool. no one’s ever done that for me before.

i used to pull that shit. and it got me fahkin no wheeeere

It really bums me out when girls say things like that. Dudes need to step up their game and act like gentlemen. No girl should ever say that she's never had a door opened for her, or she's never received flowers, or been called beautiful. These are the things mothers teach their sons to do dammit.

It really bums me out when girls say things like that. Dudes need to step up their game and act like gentlemen. No girl should ever say that she's never had a door opened for her, or she's never received flowers, or been called beautiful. These are the things mothers teach their sons to do dammit.

Some girls are so anti-gender-roles these days though.

I told him I couldn't be in a relationship or even really friends because I know I'd start to have feelings for him. So I pushed him away, but he at least wants to still talk to me and "be whatever I need him to be right now." He said he would wait, but it makes me feel so shitty that I put him through this and he still likes me? He doesn't deserve that. So I don't know

Ugh that sounds like exactly what this girl told me recently. We hung out and hooked up with the idea of just being super casual, then a couple weeks after she pushed me away. We both like each other and am fairly sure we'd start having feelings for each other, but we're both going through some shit that would not contribute to a happy relationship. So we're just talking, and being there for each other and such. I'm willing to wait for her cause she's that cool to me, I dunno if she feels the same way about me and is willing to wait until I get through my shit. Sucks cause everything just boils down to timing and it sucks when it's off. 

have i ever told you people how much i love this thread?  despite the overwhelming back luck i have with women, i come back here and feel like real human beings actually exist.  i'd be stoked to find a girl that appreciates gentlemanly things.  and doesn't take advantage of them.

i was having a conversation with two of my coworkers today - both have been married for probably 10+ and have kids - and they were telling me i need an old school chick.  doesn't matter what kind of old school, just old school.  a lot of modern women try too hard to emulate an idea of what a woman should act like.  i am finding that a lot of that idea is based on what they see on crappy tv.  it's disappointing.  this could be a totally rash overgeneralization, but the trends on the online dating scene back it up.  the vast majority live by these cliche mantres - like, "live, laugh, love" - and make no mention of anything besides what they self-interestedly think they deserve.  it's crazy.

keep fightin' the good fight.  right?  i hope my generation wises up soon.

Heres the thing. I open doors for anyone in my vacinity. I graciously wait until everyone is served at a dinner table before eating. I stand when anyone leaves the table or arrives at said table. I say hello to random strangers on the street. I give money ro the homeless that look like they need a beer.

I have gotten mugged, had my chivalry questioned on numerous occasions, and once got cussed out and was told "i can open my own damn door..do u think im that fragile!?".

I live life puzzled.

^ i can relate on just about all of that. even tonight, i was out for a hike. weather was unreal today, so there were a ton of people up there. and like always, i said hello to everyone i passed. it's amazing the way some people are shocked by a friendly greeting in passing.

this goes back to the "nice guy" thing. i am a nice person. i'm friendly to strangers- i open doors, say hello, smile, and show appreciation when someone is serving me in some way.

i'm not a nice guy in the sense that i'm too much of a chicken shit to let the opposite sex walk all over me and keep me in the friend zone.

this is the part that so many self-proclaimed "nice guys" don't understand. it's not about being an overly sensitive bitch with women because "oh, she's a goddess and i need to constantly reassure how pretty she is."

tell her she's beautiful. but tell her when your eyes won't let you say anything else.

be a nice man.

(this almost feels pointless without eric around)

this goes back to the "nice guy" thing. i am a nice person. i'm friendly to strangers- i open doors, say hello, smile, and show appreciation when someone is serving me in some way.

i'm not a nice guy in the sense that i'm too much of a chicken shit to let the opposite sex walk all over me and keep me in the friend zone.

this is the part that so many self-proclaimed "nice guys" don't understand. it's not about being an overly sensitive bitch with women because "oh, she's a goddess and i need to constantly reassure how pretty she is."

tell her she's beautiful. but tell her when your eyes won't let you say anything else.

be a nice man.

(this almost feels pointless without eric around)

I like this.  Good on ya, Ry.

i just want females to hang out with.. i don't even care if they are attracted to me or if i'm attracted to them. i just want cool women to hang out with.

to tell you the truth,  i just want people to hang out with.. well at least ones that would want to hang out with me short of feeling guilty because their always taking rain checks. you know if i call to invite you out and it's my 10 time and i get a "can i take a raincheck on that", i just stop calling them. i stopped paying for food with those that wouldn't go out unless i paid.  did that a month ago. stopped reaching out to friends  acquaintances to hang out. my phone has rang once in a month. now if only i could get my phone bill to plans under 60 minutes, i'd be set. the last year my minutes totalled less than 20 hours of talk time. and i still had the unlimited plan.. bummer.

ok, i'm done blabbering on. sorry. nothing to see here.. move along

i just want females to hang out with.. i don't even care if they are attracted to me or if i'm attracted to them. i just want cool women to hang out with.

to tell you the truth, i just want people to hang out with.. well at least ones that would want to hang out with me short of feeling guilty because their always taking rain checks. you know if i call to invite you out and it's my 10 time and i get a "can i take a raincheck on that", i just stop calling them. i stopped paying for food with those that wouldn't go out unless i paid. did that a month ago. stopped reaching out to friends acquaintances to hang out. my phone has rang once in a month. now if only i could get my phone bill to plans under 60 minutes, i'd be set. the last year my minutes totalled less than 20 hours of talk time. and i still had the unlimited plan.. bummer.

ok, i'm done blabbering on. sorry. nothing to see here.. move along

Move into my house. We always hang out. Win/win.

Ugh that sounds like exactly what this girl told me recently. We hung out and hooked up with the idea of just being super casual, then a couple weeks after she pushed me away. We both like each other and am fairly sure we'd start having feelings for each other, but we're both going through some shit that would not contribute to a happy relationship. So we're just talking, and being there for each other and such. I'm willing to wait for her cause she's that cool to me, I dunno if she feels the same way about me and is willing to wait until I get through my shit. Sucks cause everything just boils down to timing and it sucks when it's off. 

Yes, exactly! It's pure torture because you want these things, but you can't let yourself have it yet.

Some girls are so anti-gender-roles these days though.

I’ve never really given much thought about until this whole thing until now. I’ve always been really independent and feel guilty when someone does nice things for me for no reason. It’s painful for me to ask for favors.

the brian guy, I tried to pay for some drinks and he’s like ‘why are you trying to be all modern and pay for things?’  It made me feel weird. He doesn’t let me drive anywhere, open any doors, walk outside without a coat on, or pay for anything.

is it wrong that I want to pay for things sometimes? I’m not passionate about it or anything but if I was the guy... I’d be appreciative of a girl picking the tab up every now and then.

I’ve never really given much thought about until this whole thing until now. I’ve always been really independent and feel guilty when someone does nice things for me for no reason. It’s painful for me to ask for favors.

the brian guy, I tried to pay for some drinks and he’s like ‘why are you trying to be all modern and pay for things?’  It made me feel weird. He doesn’t let me drive anywhere, open any doors, walk outside without a coat on, or pay for anything.

is it wrong that I want to pay for things sometimes? I’m not passionate about it or anything but if I was the guy... I’d be appreciative of a girl picking the tab up every now and then.

Thats how it starts. Next thing you know you can't leave the house, show skin in public or make eye contact with other men, not even in a Google Hangout. 

Also, you mean Brion, not Brian, right? Or are there two warrior poets in your life right now?

I'm the same way.  I don't think it's weird to want to pay for things.  What I normally do is if the guy pays for dinner, I'll buy movie tickets, or ice cream, etc.

Thats how it starts. Next thing you know you can't leave the house, show skin in public or make eye contact with other men, not even in a Google Hangout. 

Also, you mean Brion, not Brian, right? Or are their two warrior poets in your life right now?

hahha dammit jefferson. I can't bring myself to write his name like that anymore