MAN ADVICE

i like a lot of things. i really do.

but i dont like sappy articles that are made to go viral being 'discovered' and then plastered all over where this generation of non original turds will take it and run using it as a backbone for every relationship from here on out.

as for people hating, its truly the generic idiot that we all know and cant stand.

i like babies, animals, old people and other stuff.

Super attractive girl I'm helping in my store today: "so my real estate group is having a contest to see who can get the most referrals by the end of the month, so here's my card if you know of anyone!"

She was giving me her number.. Right?

I just feel like we need to be more selfish than what that article was suggesting. and the fact that that dude went through a period of not fully loving his wife and questioning whether he wanted to marry her, and she was just going along as a doting girlfriend, was shitty.

Don’t get me wrong, I try my hardest to make sure my sig. other is happy. I do the little things, I make the anti-feminism sandwiches, I do all of that. but I’m also completely and totally selfish in doing things for myself and making myself happy.

to say that the relationship/marriage is totally about the other person is crazy to me. it’s two people, two people finding happiness both together and separately, two people working together… and whatever.

I think if you 100% depend on someone else for your happiness, you’re screwed. A girls gotta have outside hobbies and friends away from her man (or woman).

I just feel like we need to be more selfish than what that article was suggesting. and the fact that that dude went through a period of not fully loving his wife and questioning whether he wanted to marry her, and she was just going along as a doting girlfriend, was shitty.

Don’t get me wrong, I try my hardest to make sure my sig. other is happy. I do the little things, I make the anti-feminism sandwiches, I do all of that. but I’m also completely and totally selfish in doing things for myself and making myself happy.

to say that the relationship/marriage is totally about the other person is crazy to me. it’s two people, two people finding happiness both together and separately, two people working together… and whatever.

I think if you 100% depend on someone else for your happiness, you’re screwed. A girls gotta have outside hobbies and friends away from her man (or woman).

Absolute 100% accuracy right here. 10/10.

Yes.

and if you can't accept your partner for who they are and what they do and you want to remain in the relationship, you need to work on yourself, not the other person.

but i dont like sappy articles that are made to go viral being 'discovered' and then plastered all over where this generation of non original turds will take it and run using it as a backbone for every relationship from here on out.

This. I wanted to post snarky comments anytime I saw that articled shared. I only read the first few sentences before I realized it was white people fluff.

My brother was put into sort of a similar situation. My mom told me and him a long time ago that she wanted to keep her engagement ring in the family and whoever was going to get engaged first, she wanted to have that person use her ring, no strings attached. He got engaged before I did (on top of the goddamn Eiffel Tower, no less!), so he used our mom's engagement ring and what he did to "pay it forward" as it were was when I was looking to get engaged was he got it appraised and then sent me half of what it was currently worth to help cover the cost of my own engagement ring. That was a MASSIVE help to me. So I don't know if your girlfriend/future fiancee has any siblings, but if she does, that could be something you could keep in mind whenever they're getting near their own engagement.

EDIT: Honestly, I wish my wife's family would've had some sort of heirloom ring to pass down, haha—could've used the money I would've saved for a bomb-ass honeymoon!

You're a good man!  That is some very good advice.  We saw her mom last night, and she was just trying to "slip me the ring" like it was absolutely no big deal, and I felt very awkward about that, hahaha.  I told her I at least want to take them out to a nice sit down dinner and talk about everything, thank them for the gesture, and just explain my case for wanting to spend the rest of my life with their wonderful daughter, instead of "oh sweet, thanks for the ring, KBYE"

You're a good man!  That is some very good advice.  We saw her mom last night, and she was just trying to "slip me the ring" like it was absolutely no big deal, and I felt very awkward about that, hahaha.  I told her I at least want to take them out to a nice sit down dinner and talk about everything, thank them for the gesture, and just explain my case for wanting to spend the rest of my life with their wonderful daughter, instead of "oh sweet, thanks for the ring, KBYE"

that's very cool of you. very cool.

real talk i've had a lot of vag in my life

and i didn't get any of it by pretending to be interested in what a girl said or acting like someone i'm not

I've gotten a lot of vag this way too!

But I've also started a lot of connections with the opposite sex and gotten A LOT of vag I would not have had the chance with if I didn't stretched the truth a little bit from the beginning. I'm not saying you always have to fib, but sometimes you gotta adapt to get what you want.

It's not like chicks are 100% honest either!