MAN ADVICE

So, I was dating this girl for 2 and a half months. Last week I said to her I wanted a serious relationship. She said a lot of things, but didn't say if she also wanted or not.

Today we're talking and I said I was kinda sad (holiday season always make me bad) and wanted to spend the night alone. I don't know what happened, but she said I let her down and didn't answer my last message.

Did I do something wrong?

No. You were honest with her. You could have made something up but you didn't. 

Turns out he wasn't playing it cool. When he was trying to guess who I was or whatever, he made a realllll insulting jab at me. 
Never had intentions of going after this dude or anything, but it was a pretty serious hit to my already non-existent self esteem.

One of those days that you remember that other people can't see your struggles or the obstacles you've overcome and therefore they will make judgements that hurt.

Turns out he wasn't playing it cool. When he was trying to guess who I was or whatever, he made a realllll insulting jab at me. 

Never had intentions of going after this dude or anything, but it was a pretty serious hit to my already non-existent self esteem.

One of those days that you remember that other people can't see your struggles or the obstacles you've overcome and therefore they will make judgements that hurt.

What a penis! If I lived in Kutztown I'd kick him in the balls for you.  I get very protective of my fellow ladies, even on the internetz.

Boo boo, you know you're fab (or you should).  So fuck that guy

It involved my weight, which is stupid, I know. I'm not tiny but I used to be over 200 pounds due to issues in my childhood. I've lost a good chunk but not enough to be "attractive" by most society standards (which are bullshit anyway.)

It's something I struggle with a lot because I come from a family that is very into looks and how you're perceived by other people. Which has caused me to fight body dysphoria. I can't look in mirrors unless I'm putting on make up and it's really hard. I hide it for the most part and deal, but I haven't had to face comments about my weight in a very long time.

Kinda just really took me off guard and made me feel gross.

You look pretty cute in the picture you posted in the "recent picture" thread.

I normally wouldn't say that on here because it's easy to come off like a creep but if you are saying "non-existent self esteem" then I'm saying it's just in your head. Don't let one douche get you down.

You look pretty cute in the picture you posted in the "recent picture" thread.

I normally wouldn't say that on here because it's easy to come off like a creep but if you are saying "non-existent self esteem" then I'm saying it's just in your head. Don't let one douche get you down.

^^^^^^ what he said. 

any guy knocking anyone on their weight, looks, etc etc. are pieces of shit to begin with.  And should probably have a rose stem stuck into their urethra and pulled out like someone crank starting a lawn mower.   (what too dated? too much?)

You're all about 1000 times too kind, this was all really nice to wake up to. 

I'm still really confused because he WAS staring at me like 95% of the show and constantly crossing paths with me. Normally I'd think it was all in my head because I'm a pretty paranoid person, but three others pointed it out. Bizarre. People are awful and weird.

Also everyone in that town has a staring problem, I realized that pretty quickly. 

At least the creepy dude at Firehouse Subs told me he liked my smile.

I find having a self deprecating sense of humor keeps the insults minimal. But thats speaking for myself. as a former overweight person and one who still lacks any male pulchritude/sartorial splendor, i still get insulted, but at least now i can laugh about it and shrug it off. Annd making fun of myself occasionally gets a chuckle from the female persuasion. not saying this works for everyone. Just me..

As a female its next to impossible to make negative jokes about yourself without people jumping down your throat with compliments or assuming that you're fishing for them. I think my humor might just be too dry for people to pick up on it, but I do normally take those things with a grain of salt.

Lately I've been far too sensitive over stupid shit.