MAN ADVICE

while we're on the subject of her..

so we met on okcupid. after some brief banter, she came out and was just like "hey, can i buy you a beer this week? i'd just really like to meet".

so we met, and instantly, she's like "ok.. so i hope you don't get weirded out, but i need to come clean about this. once you told me you work at the gap, i realized that you are definitely the guy who my mom had to yell at me to stop checking out when we were in your store last week."

would any of you be weirded out by that? personally, i was amused, and obviously flattered.

oh! and one other thing that's prevented me from getting physical.. she has her lip pierced- but it is literally in the middle of her bottom lip. not to the side, not even below her lip. just a stud directly in the middle of her lip. how am i supposed to kiss her with that?? 

I would be flattered. Stop worrying about shit and do what feels right. 

my date on NYE last year got stabbed. and I think I cried as it became midnight. 2012 was just a low for me in general but 2013 was the complete opposite. I am very happy, and this thread is awesome, thanks guys.

my date on NYE last year got stabbed. and I think I cried as it became midnight. 2012 was just a low for me in general but 2013 was the complete opposite. I am very happy, and this thread is awesome, thanks guys.

the past 2 NYEs i've spent at amazing shows that ended up being way sadder than i'd have liked them to be.  nye 2012 ted leo closed with a cover of fisherman's blues.  it was so moving, but such a heavy way to end a set.  i'll never forget it.

nye always has a tendency to suck. usually lame, last minute plans with very few people. it sounds like there's actually going to be a good handful of us this year hitting up the bars- which i've never done on nye for some reason.

2013 had me at my absolute lowest, and right now i feel like i'm at my tallest. killer mindset to close out the year and start anew.

The bars are usually awful on nye, I'd find a good house party or something. Every nye I go a friend's apartment and make out with a stranger at midnight, I hope this year is no different. He also makes a big sandwich (6+ feet), it's an odd tradition, but I dig it.

this all sounds absolutely wonderful.